New here, looking for a snake...

HIGDON

Keeping The Red In
Established Member
What's up. I'm new to the forums and thought I would start browsing around looking up ideas for my new car. Right now I have a 96 GT that gave in and I'm working on putting a 5.4 SOHC in it. Now that it will be more of a full time track car I want to get a Cobra as my daily driver. I will have to wait until I return to the states from deployment and I want to get an idea of what's out there. I'm looking for a 99 or 01 to get my feet wet in as well as to keep the costs down. Anything I should look for? Are there any real advantages of the 01's over the 99's(with recal)? Any must have mods other than a shifter(will have a pro 50), and gears(going with 4.10s) Thanks for your imput!

NXSVTCOBRA

put in a search, we had a discussion about the differences between the 99 and 01 about 2 weeks ago, if you're gonna finance it, id honestly just get an 03 cobra, they run about $23k and you're paymments would be about 50 bucks or so more then an 01..... just something tho think about

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
In simplest terms, get a '99 if you want a more durable transmission. Get an 01 if you want better seating/more up-to-date bodywork.

HIGDON

Keeping The Red In
Established Member
Well, I'll be paying cash for it. I've seen a few with decent miles in the 12-15000 range. Thanks, looking up that thread now;)

Users who are viewing this thread