New here, just got 01 L!!PICS

cartersfosicks

New to the L
Established Member
I posted up asking what i should do before, and i decided to buy the truck and get rid of the 99 cobra. Before any one says how chity the truck looks, i will be taking alot of the crap off.

Q: What are some of the first mods i should do for performance? I am extremly new to the lightning, but have good knowledge on mustangs as i owned a 96gt, and a 99 cobra, both with all bolt ons.

th_100_0078.gif

th_100_0077.gif

th_100_0076.gif

th_100_0075.gif

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
Whew, good choice, but definately start bringing that beast back to normal, cosmetically, and I would take those silver accents over the wheels off first.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
A few things...first thing is a lower pulley sway and a tune. You can use a predator tune, sct tuner, etc. or go get a dyno tune to squeeze out every bit of power. FTVB (factory tech valve body), oil seperator, spark plugs (depending on pulley sway size), I see you have a cai already. That should get you started.

As for the cosmetic stuff. I know you will take that wheel molding stuff off but there was something else that looked weird...WHAT SIZE AND TYPE OF TIRES ARE THOSE? They look like they have a enormous sidewall, change that crap quick...makes it look like a 4x4 off road truck. I am not a fan of the chrome handles but to each his own.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Look to see if it already has a chip. I think it would need a retune with you MAF, Air filter adapter. any pics of the lower crank pulley??

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
nice truck. welcome to the lightning family.
sorry man, but wing must go. actually the chrome fender stuff must go.

Last edited:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
congrats on the new ride. lose the wing, and the silver accents on the wheelwells. as far as mods go, get a #4 lower pulley, and a tune and you should be able to run in the high 12's.

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
Saweet! Congrats. Keep the hood, grill and maybe the rim. Change everything else including those tail lights. Nice truck.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Congrats on the new to you L and welcome to SVTP!! Glad that you already said you will remove most of the "accents". As far as mods go just read the newb sticky like 02 true blue said. If the maf that's on there now isn't a 90mm then it should have had a tune but just look at the computer behind the pass kick panel for a chip and the lower pulley.

cartersfosicks

New to the L
Established Member
I hate all the chrome accents, just got the wheel well accents off. Where can i get the stock door handles? Oh and the rims are so ugly, they will be changed asap.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
squirellracing said:
chris where can i get that grill insert you have for the upper and lower valances?

if i understand this correctly your looking at the "grill mod" go to a hardware store and get some crome wheel well molding and do it yourself.. thats what some people have done.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
What did the previous owner do to that poor truck? It's good to hear that you're taking some of the cosmetic mods off of it.

Users who are viewing this thread