new here! help me w/ mods!!

kiley03

Established Member
im planning on buying a used 03-04 snake soon. but i have some money to blow and im looking for 600+ rwhp. i was thinking of maybe kb or whipple and cams. should this come close? also would the bottom end hold up if i run say 16-17 ilbs of boost? help me out im a former camaro owner so im still learning about these snakes

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
welcome to SVTPerformance!

since you don't even have the car yet, that'll give you lots of time to search and read the discussions that have been taking place here for the last few years... :read:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
congrats on leaving the bow tie and joining the oval.

and yes the bottom end should hold up pretty well 19 pounds of boost or less... you will have to do some work to the rear suspension look at my sig and see what I have you will AT LEAST want that.

The cobra is a good bang for buck horsepower wise but it is not as cheap to fix up as most people would have you think. There is a lot of problems with wheel hop and the transmission.

kiley03

Established Member
cool thanks on the info, yeah i see where it would add up quickly with the suspension and tranny. but as far as the cams, should i go with the jdm or crower? and on the charger i supposed either the whipple or kb 2.4? anyways im still searching and looking for a good proven combo. thanks again for the help.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
IM suprised noone else has chimed in sometimes people dont reply to posts...

but I think jdm is a good brand dont think you can go wrong with most of their products I dont really know much about crowner but keep me posted on what you end up doing and just ask any questions and I will try to help all I can

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
kiley03 said:
...snip...but as far as the cams, should i go with the jdm or crower? ...snip...

Well, I believe in comparison shopping. I tried to buy some cams from JDM but they would not tell me their specs. Kind of a "need to know" thing. That was enough to make me CERTAIN Crower standard Stage3 cams were better because I had to play no guessing games.

Go to my *MODLIST, buy everything I did (when you figure out if you want KB or whipple, I am not partial) and assemble. Do not forget to build the shortblock or you will be reminded by blue smoke and clanking noises.

Call www.modularperformance.com and get one of their "SUPER TERMINATOR" shortblocks, Oliver Billet rods, Coated Diamond Pistons.....lots more. Contact them for prices.

Good luck.

oh yeah, SEARCH NOOB :)

Users who are viewing this thread