New Hennessey Blown Boss LS

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Last Saturday at Cars/Coffee, Hennessey unveiled their new Black Boss L/S. I liked the Mods they made:
1. Roush TVS Blower System, with a Mild 91 Octane Tune it put down 580 Rwhp on their Dynojet....Forgot to check the A/F and Boost, as I didn't see the sheet...
2. They put Black Vinyl over the roof and it not only matched well but imo set the car off, no more ugly red top...
3. Changed to some Black Wheels, not sure who made them but they looked good.
4. They have some custom suspension add-ons coming...

There was a stock LS also there, and most seemed to like the Hennessey car with Mods better.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
My camera died, but they said it will be in "one of the Mustang mags coming out in 2 weeks"...Car looked great, I thought...I'll check again this Sat....

Wayne38

I drove the Silver LS Hennessey has on video at their web site, at Motorsport Ranch Cresson, on the 3.1 mile road coarse. The car is a torque beast! On factory street tires which are VERY GOOD, there was so much torque I drove the entire course in just 4th gear! Way more power than the tires could handle and really too much boost for a road coarse car. Too much power for the highway...... but fun to turn tires into smoke and noise. The otherwise stock LS handled VERY well on track with the fastest run group. Water temps became a problem when pushing more than two brisk laps. Otherwise, BIG smiles for the driver.

ulrichw

[...] Water temps became a problem when pushing more than two brisk laps. [...].

Thanks for the report!

Curious if you noticed if they were running the stock grill or not; Replacing or removing the grill seems to have helped people with stock versions keep the temperatures under control.

Users who are viewing this thread