New Heat Exchanger!

NotSatisfied

Established Member
Currently prepping to go from 3/4” to 1” lines with the infamous Dept of Boost Super Single. Look at the difference between that one and the well regarded Super single
IMG_9063.JPG
IMG_9071.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dave.O

Established Member
Is this essentially a stock gt500 h/e with brackets to fit an 03 with a crash bar? (Like a member did back in ‘19)

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

94slowbra1

Established Member
What is the rest of your cooling set up?
I run the vmp gt500 h/e with the j2fab stuff and so far it has been very efficient. I did just switch over from a trunk tank to his underhood tank. Will find out Thursday when I hit the dyno how everything is performing.

NotSatisfied

Established Member
What is the rest of your cooling set up?
I run the vmp gt500 h/e with the j2fab stuff and so far it has been very efficient. I did just switch over from a trunk tank to his underhood tank. Will find out Thursday when I hit the dyno how everything is performing.
I have a VMP Race Intercooler, PNR Trunk Tank with EMP, 1" Lines and Super Single H/E..obviously the lines and HE arent in yet. Id be curiour to see your IAT on some 2-3 back-to-back hits and then a 30-45 min cruise. What size lines are you running?

Im coming from 3/4" to 1". On my 3/4 set up I was flowing approximately 12.34 gpm. Im hoping with the new 1" HE and the 1" lines Ill be around 17-18 gpm. The VMP IC alone can only flow so much, believe we tested the isolated IC and was 19.5 gpm. So if you can get that flow, thats as good as you can get on these cars.

94slowbra1

Established Member
When the cooling mods were first installed, a couple of years ago, the iat2s were about 12* above iat1s after a pull. No new data as I just got finished with this build. My limiting piece will be the modified stock i/c. Still I think it will be well within reasonable Temps after pulls.
My set up is: vmp gt500 h/e, 1" lines, emp pump, 3gal undehood tank, j2fab modified stock i/c, j2fab i/c outlets.
This set up will see 25lbs of boost so kets hope it's up to the task

NotSatisfied

Established Member
When the cooling mods were first installed, a couple of years ago, the iat2s were about 12* above iat1s after a pull. No new data as I just got finished with this build. My limiting piece will be the modified stock i/c. Still I think it will be well within reasonable Temps after pulls.
My set up is: vmp gt500 h/e, 1" lines, emp pump, 3gal undehood tank, j2fab modified stock i/c, j2fab i/c outlets.
This set up will see 25lbs of boost so kets hope it's up to the task
Im running 25#. Being at 3/4" lines, GordsFords, I would see 125-135 cruising and 160* after a hit.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Oh no, I never went over high 90s after a pull .
You will be very happy. I'd love a new vmp i/c but I'm going to see how this set up does first.

guevoncito

Established Member
Im running 25#. Being at 3/4" lines, GordsFords, I would see 125-135 cruising and 160* after a hit.
Just to confirm, you have the updated VMP intercooler brick? Will be curious to know how things turn out for you once you get all of your updates completed to 1 inch lines.

I'm looking to something similar and have been looking for someone that has feedback on the VMP intercooler update. Seems to have the 1 inch openings and you don't have to go through the J2Fab process.

Users who are viewing this thread