New Guy

FIRSTFORD

Established Member
Hmmm, wow! Its my first Ford and man what a sweet car. 2004 Cobra Coupe Performance Orange no mods. I have been a die hard camaro guy since I was 14. My best bud took his dads berlineta with t-tops, man we were soooooo cool. It took me till 97 but I got a white Z28 with t-tops and another bud showed me the art of autocross in SA TX. Transfered to Germany just as the rumors started about the dumb arses of GM pullin' the plug. My first question to the overseas dealer was, can I get an SVT... nope, we don't sell em but you can custom order an SS. So I did. Red, t-tops and everything, one sweet ride. So they pulled the plug. Couldn't believe. A year later I sold my SS and wouldn't ya know now Uncle Sam had me moving to Alaska, yeeeee haw. Long story short, Mustangs and Camaros, as long as I been alive its been the same. Vettes? Not for me, I work for living. I have been racing Mustangs to next light for as long as I have had Camaros. But, now, man, what a big difference. The IRS, sweet. The blower.. sweet. The well finished interior.... sweet. Everything just fits soooo much better in a Cobra! Just one more story. Picked up my custom ordered SS camaro and the when I was out tooling around SA I ran across a Camaro gathering at the local burger joint. There was a spot open in between a 67 vert orange and black vert, and a 69 tux black 396 coupe. There was a guy standing there to guide me in. They all talked and I just cheezed. Then last Friday night on my way home from buying my new Cobra, I stopped in at Walmart, only place open here this late. There was a yellow old old school mustang with black stripes and side scoops. Felt natural to park next to him, so I did. I stood out side both cars and just marveled at my new car next to history. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned, to hear, shes a fine looking car. Hell the guy could have been my dad and since my own dad is way way far away, it was nice to talk to Steve for awhile, kind of made it okay that I went to the other side, the Ford side. Thanks guys, thanks for the forum and for what I am sure will be a great experience with my new car and community. Where do I post my pic?

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
Welcome.. The only Camaro I plan on buying is a 1st gen. :bowdown: :beer:

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Welcome and congrats on the new ride, good story, go to the forums and post pics of your car in the pics and video forum or Terminator forum.

Users who are viewing this thread