new guy loving this thing called a cobra

Dirty B

Established Member
ever heard of it:p? Currently drive a WRX thats running mid 12's but I want more:gt: Liking the 03's running 11's easy and with a little more work 10's. Just saying hi and youll prob be seeing me posting around... later guys,

daryl

Imperial Pose

Winning Is A Habit
Established Member
I've heard of it.

Saw about 10 WRX's in the staging lanes at our local track last nite. What are the main differences between the WRX, EVO, and Eclipse/Spyder? Also, the RX8?

Last edited:

Dirty B

Established Member
Originally posted by Imperial Pose
I've heard of it.

Saw about 10 WRX's in the staging lanes at our local track last nite. What are the main differences between the WRX, EVO, and Eclipse/Spyder? Also, the RX8?

Oh boy I wouldnt know where to start...;-)

WRX:
AWD
2.0 Liter Turbo
227 HP
5 spd
low 14's stock

Evo:
AWD
2.0 Liter Turbo
270 HP
5 spd
mid 13's stock

Eclipse(older generation thats close to these is the gsx-t)
AWD
2 liter turbo
not sure, 230 hp maybe?
5 spd
high 14's stock

Rx-8
rwd
rotary engine
250 hp
i think 6 spd
high 14's low 15's

The WRX and EVO are very easy to modd and get quick. The fastest "bolt on" WRXs are running mid-high 11's with a 50 shot, 12.1 w/o. Thats just bolt ons(turbo, ic, headers,etc) no internals or boring. fairly new to the market (few years) so limits are still being pushed for the general consumer on how far the tranny/internals will go.

The EVO is a monster when modded. They are getting 400 WHP on the stock turbo and some pretty basic mods. Cams, larger IC, injectors, management etc.. They are running mid 11's without NOS and wil be low 11 to high 10 sec cars without NOS pretty soon. The internals are tough as nails and it all comes from a tried and trued 4g3? block Mitsu has been using forever. From the eclipses and up.

The Rx-8 I dont like. slow, absolutley no torque and i think it will be a bitch to mod. but it handles like a madman and it looks pretty cool. I wouldnt consider it a car guys car, but more a flashy kinda car.

Users who are viewing this thread