New Guy looking for answers

SimonSays

Established Member
Hey all, Ive got a 2011 Mustang GT that I picked up a few years ago and I am looking for someone that can help answer some questions about it, or point me in the right direction. So here it goes. The car is a Sterling Gray 2011 Mustang GT. It was an executive ordered car and has a butt load of modifications done to it. All of the Mods to the car were done in Detroit. I will post some pictures soon, but it has the light up sill plates that say Ford Racing, Ford Racing exhaust, and it has from what I can tell all of the running gear under it from a GT500 and or the FR3? suspension. Lots of stuff added to the car that just doesn't add up from what research I have done. This car has J Farley as the one that ordered it, and even has JF's IPhone still in the sync profile. Anyone think if I posted in the ask a SVT Engineer section that I could maybe find out just what all was done to this car? It does have the SVT 19's and 20's on it, and they are super light, or seem to me to be. Any help here guys? Thanks SS

kdaly

Established Member
I'd get it on a rack and take a look for myself. There's no way to document what has been done to a car. So just take a peek. Most mustangs are customized tho, for myself I would only get a bone stock one that is unmodded, or a full build for money saving reasons by someone that knows what they are doing. I'd just make sure it has service records so you know whats been done maintenance wise

SimonSays

Established Member
All the mods were done by Ford, the company owned it before me and when I bought it they even sold it as certified.
IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

Its like it was ordered and then other stuff added, just wondering if there is a way to find out just what all was added by Ford.

q6543

Established Member
Show an engine bay pic and we will let you know.

im sure all the frpp stuff out performs stock gear it replaced.

Last edited:

kdaly

Established Member
The option equipment doesnt seem much different from what a lot of cars are equipped with but the suspension looks ford racing. All parts will be stamped. Looks like dampers, sway LCA and springs, Strut Tower Brace and the GT500 wheels were swapped for the FR stuff

q6543

Established Member
I don't get your ?

The car came stock and then either a dealer mechanic or larry the garage guy put a bunch of suspension on it.

Last edited:

SimonSays

Established Member
Point is no one other than Ford had owned the car before me, so they put it all on there. The equipment doesn't match the sticker, and I would like to try and find a way to see just what all was put on the car, ect.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
It looks like whoever had or drove the car prior to you (I know you say Ford owned it....) simply bolted on some common/well thought out Ford Racing aftermarket parts, that are tastefully installed and very factory like. But that is very common...

My 86' Thunderbird was badged "SVO" in all the right places with the period correct badging etc, That does not make it an SVO. Same thing with yours....

q6543

Established Member
That's a good point too.
how many miles were on the car, if under 100 it could have been a car used to showcase frpp stuff if ford owned it.
100 miles probably would be pushing it though, those cars get rolled around alot or just pulled on and off loading truck.

SimonSays

Established Member
When I bought the car the title said Ford Motor company, had like 22k miles on it. If I posted in the ask a SVT Engineer section, do you think someone would reply from Ford? I would just like to know for sure what they did, before I go to doing anything else to the car. Supposedly this was Jim Farley's driver. Sounds a little out there but his number is on the sticker. I am needing to put rear shocks on it, upgrade the clutch and then possibly step up to FI. Trying to get the wife to let her 06 GT go as a trade in on a 14 GT500 convertible, she could drive mine and I would drive the GT500 naturally.

Users who are viewing this thread