new guy here

FORDINATOR

boost is your friend
Established Member
hello all, ive come here seeking some info. i currently have a very nice 95 F150 short box, been searching for one like this for some time and finally snaked up one in jan. ive allways wanted a first gen lightning, but in WI they arent just laying around, not to mention if they are they are beat to hell. so some time ago i decided if i found me a nice 2wd reg cab short bed in decent shape i would work at making my own clone, with a few here and theres to make it my own.

my goals
1 find a set of gen 2 lightning 18's that will fit, ive read with wheel spacers they fit? or did the bolt pattern change?

basicaly looks wise i want the truck in the cervinis adds (white one sans the hood)
https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1145#112

truck is curnetly 5.0 mass air, a 5.8 will be coming, but not untill after the paint is sprayed and the rims are on, most likely next summer.

i also plan a turbo setup with intercooler, not that i will really need it i just want most of the fitting done for the intercooler before paint that way i dont have to worrie about repainting anything in the future since i may go wilder.

the curent setup the truck has is nice 3:55 and track lock, beefing will come soon to the rear as well. front and rear sway bars help the handling alot, i want rear discs corect me if im wrong should be able to bolt a newer set on?

im also wondering what the tranny the lightings run, im pretty sure its the same one the truck runs, but im not sure if it has any differneces i should possibly add.

one of my biggest goals is to get it to handle as good as i possibly can, i will be lowing it very soon, im just wondering how low i can go befor it kills handling, has anyone here ever bagged a gen 1? if so how did it handle?

im sure i will think of more stuff i wanna do later, but for now heres the victim :coolman:
eddieside1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread