new guy here got a question

blown88gt

Established Member
I bought a (as you can tell by my name) a Blown 88 GT I will get some pics soon. It has a Ford motorsport crate roller motor with 10,000 to 15,000 miles on it, a ford motorsport charger with an 8 lb pulley, Gt heads with a custom ground to match Crower cam and a holley sytemax intake. World class t5 trans, BBK ong tube headers, off road H pipe with single chamber flowmasters and dumped right by the axle, old school centerline wheels all bushings are new and poly. , upgraded radiator and all. Guy works for a local Ford dealership as a tech. He built the car at work and has just about all new everything on it as for accessories and all is factory stuff or Ford motorsport. 5 lug conversion and 3.77 rear gear with Trac loc

It needs a MSD digital ignition box ( breaks up real bad over 5 grand), a new starter as the one on it is locked up, tranny work which he gave me parts for so all I need to pay for is labor and a tune up which he gave me plugs

I paid 4 grand for the whole deal paint is newer and car is straight except for a small dent in passenger fender. I looked aroudn on here at prices and looked at prices of stuff on the car. My question is did I get a good deal? I think I did and I was just wondering if I was getting ripped off and all.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Ford Motorsport crate motors are at least $2,800 and the blower, although the motorsport blowers are the same as powerdynes are at least $1800 I think.

I don't think you got a bad deal, just a car that needs work, but with a little work will be a 400rwhp beast.

With that combo, I'd ditch the world class T-5 and get a Tremec TKO. And then a high torque mini-starter and you're ready to roll.

Post pics of the motor though. Make sure you get a good clear shot of the heads. Hopefully you have aluminum GT-40's, not the Irons.

LocoGT

Banned
poopnut2 said:
Ford Motorsport crate motors are at least $2,800 and the blower, although the motorsport blowers are the same as powerdynes are at least $1800 I think.

I don't think you got a bad deal, just a car that needs work, but with a little work will be a 400rwhp beast.

With that combo, I'd ditch the world class T-5 and get a Tremec TKO. And then a high torque mini-starter and you're ready to roll.

Post pics of the motor though. Make sure you get a good clear shot of the heads. Hopefully you have aluminum GT-40's, not the Irons.
I'll be crossing my fingers once I slap the s-trim on my car. Hopefully my T-5 & stock clutch last a little while. I don't drive the car much or beat the piss out of it every time I hit the gas anyway so I should be fine for a little while. I don't know if I wanna stay manual or switch to an auto w/a big stall.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
LocoGT said:
I'll be crossing my fingers once I slap the s-trim on my car. Hopefully my T-5 & stock clutch last a little while. I don't drive the car much or beat the piss out of it every time I hit the gas anyway so I should be fine for a little while. I don't know if I wanna stay manual or switch to an auto w/a big stall.

Unless it's a track car, I'd stick with a 5-speed. I too am on a stock clutch hooked up to my world class T-5. It's held up so far.

Blown88GT- What series are they? They Y's, Turbo Swirl Y's, or the X's?

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
sounds good for 4k. itll need some work but from its not a bad starting point. too bad the body isnt completley straight. if you end up tearing apart the car you might want to consider picking up a straight 4cyl. body and swapping in the good stuff.

Last edited:

blown88gt

Established Member
They are the turbo swirls

I was consindering taking the metal fenders on hood off and getting fiberglass fenders and hood to shave some weight off I am already getting the kit to remove the back seat and replace it with some stuff that will give me a storage compartment and look good

blown88gt

Established Member
I heard it run and drove it about a week before the tranny messed up. My friend ( a good friend I have known since I was 3 more like a bro) says he put a gear reduction starter for a 94 GT on it the starter will not turn. We did push it off and it fired off.

PONY MAN

Established Member
blown88gt said:
I bought a (as you can tell by my name) a Blown 88 GT I will get some pics soon. It has a Ford motorsport crate roller motor with 10,000 to 15,000 miles on it, a ford motorsport charger with an 8 lb pulley, Gt heads with a custom ground to match Crower cam and a holley sytemax intake. World class t5 trans, BBK ong tube headers, off road H pipe with single chamber flowmasters and dumped right by the axle, old school centerline wheels all bushings are new and poly. , upgraded radiator and all. Guy works for a local Ford dealership as a tech. He built the car at work and has just about all new everything on it as for accessories and all is factory stuff or Ford motorsport. 5 lug conversion and 3.77 rear gear with Trac loc

It needs a MSD digital ignition box ( breaks up real bad over 5 grand), a new starter as the one on it is locked up, tranny work which he gave me parts for so all I need to pay for is labor and a tune up which he gave me plugs

I paid 4 grand for the whole deal paint is newer and car is straight except for a small dent in passenger fender. I looked aroudn on here at prices and looked at prices of stuff on the car. My question is did I get a good deal? I think I did and I was just wondering if I was getting ripped off and all.
If you have a daily driver other than that car ,you cool.
My advise is to get the car street ready { dependable }
You will enjoy it more when it is dependable , plus it sounds like it is a fast car & hopefully a good buy for you.
Be careful & have fun. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread