New Guy from New York

CzerniS17

Established Member
Hey everyone!

I just picked up this 2011 GT Premium, MT-82 with 3.31's and Brembo's. It also already has a Borla Type-S exhaust. I'm generally new to the mustang world, so I've been doing a lot of reading on here.

I was under the car the other day, and it does seem to have lowering springs in it. They're blue, and I'm guessing by the stance that they're FRPP K springs. Any thoughts?

E298A2E6-4E59-4A14-ACCA-B198CA69FA06_zpsqyhetkce.jpg

Long term, I would really like to do some HPDE events with this car. I'm going to try and focus more on road-racing than drag racing, but I'm sure I'll still make it out to the track as well. Thinking about different suspension and wheel setup a currently. Any insight is always appreciated!

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Hey everyone!

I just picked up this 2011 GT Premium, MT-82 with 3.31's and Brembo's. It also already has a Borla Type-S exhaust. I'm generally new to the mustang world, so I've been doing a lot of reading on here.

I was under the car the other day, and it does seem to have lowering springs in it. They're blue, and I'm guessing by the stance that they're FRPP K springs. Any thoughts?

E298A2E6-4E59-4A14-ACCA-B198CA69FA06_zpsqyhetkce.jpg

Long term, I would really like to do some HPDE events with this car. I'm going to try and focus more on road-racing than drag racing, but I'm sure I'll still make it out to the track as well. Thinking about different suspension and wheel setup a currently. Any insight is always appreciated!

Czernis17,

Congratulations and Welcome! We'll get you Carving up Watkins Glen or Holland In no Time!

Ford Racing's springs are pretty stout as they're manufactured by Eibach. It's somewhat difficult to establish what type of struts and shocks are equipped on the vehicle and I would recommend poking around or pulling the wheels off the car. As per upgrading the suspension further a set of Rear Lower Control Arms would reduce wheel hop drastically as well as keeping the car on the ground where it belongs. An upgraded Panhard Bar would also help keep the Axle Centered as well as work hand in hand with the Springs to produce even better traction so you're not having issues pushing through the apex. Something that would really benefit the vehicle would be a Front and Rear Sway Bar kit: It's very lite up front which I'm sure you're seeing and anything to keep you that much more confident driver.

Wheels and tires can be a little bit of a touch one as I'm not sure what style your after but I have great feedback on our tires as I've run the majority of them on and off the street.

Let me know if you're to have any questions and I'm here to help!

-Alex

scott_0

Established Member
congrats and welcome to the addiction! nice car, looks like possibly frpp P springs

CzerniS17

Established Member
This is my first mustang (gotta love black)! I've had a couple buddies who have new edge's, both a terminator and a roush, so I've been around them for a bit. But finally decided to take the plunge.

Long-Term plans are to get a good suspension underneath it for HPDE events. I've been looking a lot at BMR and Cortex Racing. I would really like to boost it down the line, either with Hellion TT's or maybe a VMP stage 3 kit.

But right now I'm focusing on getting everything right on the car. I'm switching to Amsoil SS 10w-30 and to Amsoil MTG in the transmission. I'll probably put some new plugs in it as well since it's around 60k miles and idk when they were done last.

Does anyone know of any good rim repair places? My Brembo wheels are curbed really bad and I would really like to get them fixed... Worst case I'll just pick up another set or bite the bullet on new wheels..

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Check the market section theres rims for sale all the time in there. Or you could go new for fairly cheap as well.

Users who are viewing this thread