New GTO

99SVTSnake

Established Member
Had a run in with a new GTO today. I have to say, for the price and all the hype, I was not to impressed. We really didnt "race" just played a little follow the leader if you know what I mean. He kept up with me until about 90, then I pulled him slightly in third. From what I know they only run 14.0 in the 1/4 :shrug: Anyone else run in with one yet?

Rich

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Ran into one about 3 weeks ago. No problem with it. They are slow in stock form. I will wait patiently to see what happens when people start modding them.

LocoGT

Banned
Originally posted by 99SVTSnake
Had a run in with a new GTO today. I have to say, for the price and all the hype, I was not to impressed. We really didnt "race" just played a little follow the leader if you know what I mean. He kept up with me until about 90, then I pulled him slightly in third. From what I know they only run 14.0 in the 1/4 :shrug: Anyone else run in with one yet?

Rich
They are capable of 13s in the 1/4 in stock form. They are ugly, though. :bash:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I saw my 1st one at a dyno last weekend. I went on the rollers first, then the GTO went. He went :eek: when he saw my stock Cobra put down 379 to the wheels. He kept saying "I'll be happy with 350" I asked him what it was supposed to have. He said 350 hp. I didn't feel like explaining drive train loss to him, so I just waited around to see his pulls. He got 306 rwhp on his first pull. He then said "at least I don't have to worry about one of those supercharger thingies":bored: So for his next pull I went to listen from behind the car. I said "I might as well see what it sounds like from behind, this will be my only chance":-D

The guy running the dyno laughed.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by MystiChrome Coupe
I saw my 1st one at a dyno last weekend. I went on the rollers first, then the GTO went. He went :eek: when he saw my stock Cobra put down 379 to the wheels. He kept saying "I'll be happy with 350" I asked him what it was supposed to have. He said 350 hp. I didn't feel like explaining drive train loss to him, so I just waited around to see his pulls. He got 306 rwhp on his first pull. He then said "at least I don't have to worry about one of those supercharger thingies":bored: So for his next pull I went to listen from behind the car. I said "I might as well see what it sounds like from behind, this will be my only chance":-D

The guy running the dyno laughed.

Good one! :lol: You said from behind...:rolling:

2814v

Established Member
I saw one at a dealership, my first thought was it looks as big as a 70's olds delta 88. The inside is very nice.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I will say, I think they look nice. Their interiors are the freakin' bomb. I would rather have an 03 cobra but GM didn't do too bad.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by SNCBOOM
but GM didn't do too bad.
GM didn't do anything more than rebadge the Australian Holden Monaro (and they even screwed that up by putting an overweight Cavalier body on it instead of leaving the Holden, as is)...

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Originally posted by LT1Z28
Already been done. One is running 11s or 12s. I forget.

But that was with some seriouse work. Cams and stuff. I am mainly talking about all of the simple bolt on's. Headers, exhaust, induction, etc. These things are boats, and in stock form due to their weight issue they are giving up 40 horses to me at the wheels as my cobra sits right now. That is if you figure about 10hp per hundred pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread