New GT500 owner questions

Joe Muia

What’s up guys. Just got a 2010 GT500 with 20k miles. Completely stock. Looking to to do some minor mods to the car. Pulley, throttle body, cold air intake. Looking for suggestions on brand and size. Not going to the track. Just for the weekend and getting on it here and there with friends.
Also, my Panhard Bar is making a clanking noise and needs to be replaced. Should I go with adjustable or non and what brand should I go with. Thanks

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
What’s up guys. Just got a 2010 GT500 with 20k miles. Completely stock. Looking to to do some minor mods to the car. Pulley, throttle body, cold air intake. Looking for suggestions on brand and size. Not going to the track. Just for the weekend and getting on it here and there with friends.
Also, my Panhard Bar is making a clanking noise and needs to be replaced. Should I go with adjustable or non and what brand should I go with. Thanks
Welcome to the club! Even if you don’t lower the car, consider an adjustable Panhard bar. I went with BMR, but I’m certain there are other makes. Good luck with your new toy!

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
First major mods I did was throttle body, cai, pulley and tune. I went with the VMP Twin 67, JLT CAI and 2,5 Pulley. Could not have been happier at the time. This was on a 08. Good luck with your new toy.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Welcome to the club Joe. Cant go wrong with a VMP pulley and Throttle body. The VMP Twin 67 is a great TB, but I wouldnt shy away from FRPP 65mm either. Id recommend the PMAS 120mm over the JLT. Ive owned both and the PMAS was easier to tune (Im tuned by Lund Racing) and seems... smoother if that makes sense. Plenty own JLT, but I believe it is an inferior product to the PMAS.

Adjustable panhard rod will get that rear end straight. My BMR adjustable has been a good buy.

Youll want to upgrade the factory heat exchanger, even if its just messing around on the street. Heat soak with the 07-12 cars is real, but especially on the iron blocks. VMP's Dual Fan Triple pass HE is a hell of a buy for the performance increase in cooling it provides over stock.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Welcome to SVTP, congrats & good luck with the 10 & mods.
Have a plan, an end goal, & a budget, it will save you money in the long run..

Joe Muia

Thanks a lot guys for the advice. I’ve been reading a lot and going on you tube but it’s great to hear directly from the guys that own and do their own mods. This is my 5th mustang but I’ve owned all Fox body’s. A lot different. Love the 2010 body style and I got a great deal in the Kona blue which I love.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

shelbygt500hoss

Established Member
Welcome to the fun Joe! Do you have a picture of the car you can post? I would love to see it. My first mods was a BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, ford lowering springs, JLT CAI, and a off road x pipe. That kept me happy, car rode smooth and pulled quite a bit harder, but I was always looking to slap a TVS on it. The cars a whole new animal, if you’re looking to go that route later down the road. You can find some good ones for sale on the website, I got my Gen 2r for $2,500. VMP tuned runs amazing

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'd start with the Griggs Torque Arm, Maximum Motorsports HD lower control arms, Lund Ngauge/Tune with a ATI 10% lower pulley and 2.6 upper.

Users who are viewing this thread