New GT500 owner - Need Lund Tuning advice

StangSupremacy

Established Member
Hey everyone. I just purchased a 08 vista blue GT500 that is being delivered to me in 3 hours :banana: !!!! I am so excited to finally transform my stallion into a snake! Here is a link to the car i purchased

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...7-gauging-interest-4-0l-whipple-08-gt500.html

I have to get the 4.0 whipple drilled to hook up the brake booster and enable the brakes to work properly. I also have to get it tuned ASAP because i am trying to get ready for TX2k12!! :beer: .

Because of the big 4.0 whipple, tuning is crucial on this car to maximize safety, power, and reliability.

1)Would you get an email Jon Lund tune for it? IF so, from what vendor ?
2) Would you get it dyno tuned locally so it can be on an actual dyno? I have PSI here in houston that tuned my last stang and it runs like a beast. All advise welcomed!

Oh and forged bottom end is coming soon dont worry! But i need a tune to get me through TX2k12!

fullboogie

Established Member
Considering the setup on that car, I'd consider hiring Lund to remote tune it on a local dyno.

Ironhand

Banned
The Whipple is drilled to make the brakes work properly?

Ive never heard of anything like that.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Get Lund to remote, or use someone in TX, I think there are a few decent tuners out that way!
Thats a great car you got! Congrats!

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Ad said it was already tuned by lund. Would think it would make more HP than that at 19lbs with a 4.0. Call Van at Revan Racing he will get you all set up.

rlhay2

Established Member
Where in Tx are you located?

I had a Lund tune on my car and it did not run right (multiple error codes, mpg and hp were terrible).

After multiple emails and conversations with Lund, for my car to run right I had to seek someone else.

Van@RevanRacing

Hey everyone. I just purchased a 08 vista blue GT500 that is being delivered to me in 3 hours :banana: !!!! I am so excited to finally transform my stallion into a snake! Here is a link to the car i purchased

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...7-gauging-interest-4-0l-whipple-08-gt500.html

I have to get the 4.0 whipple drilled to hook up the brake booster and enable the brakes to work properly. I also have to get it tuned ASAP because i am trying to get ready for TX2k12!! :beer: .

Because of the big 4.0 whipple, tuning is crucial on this car to maximize safety, power, and reliability.

1)Would you get an email Jon Lund tune for it? IF so, from what vendor ?
2) Would you get it dyno tuned locally so it can be on an actual dyno? I have PSI here in houston that tuned my last stang and it runs like a beast. All advise welcomed!

Oh and forged bottom end is coming soon dont worry! But i need a tune to get me through TX2k12!

I'm familiar with the car and the former owner. You shouldn't need a retune if Lund tuned the car. Octane is your friend. If you can find some high unleaded race fuel with no ethanol and run it religiously. You'll be3 fine.

Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions.

Van
Revan Racing, Inc.
561-445-7702

StangSupremacy

Established Member
I am located in north Houston. The car had an initial "start up" Lund tune, but the seller told me they did not finish tuning it. Therefore , I still need to get a tune, I am debating between running racefuel constantly , or maybe even converting to E85. I know it will probably be expensive, I was hoping to maybe have a 93+torco tune for just cruising, and race fuel for racing.

The 4.0 whipple was off a cobra jet and one of the first ones they sold. Correct me if im wrong, the new ones already have the brake booster tapped into the blower. As far as I'm concerned, My brake booster will have to be drilled to tap vacuum for the brake booster?

94CobraPace

Established Member
If you can get a hold of Patrick at PSI, good luck with that.
Give Chris at Chris's car doc in Humble a call, ,281-540-7223 , he has a dyno and has used Lund on a remote tune before, tell him Darrell sent you :) Chris does good work at resonable prices, only one who works on my cars besides me.
Who ever you use, go by their shop and talk to them in person to get to know them. Find someone you are comfortable with that gives you the warm feeling and check out the cars in the shop.

StangSupremacy

Established Member
yea me too and I have one.

Lund tuned mine and the car makes good power

I am going to upload a picture to show you what i mean. Could you show me a pic of where the brake booster attaches to your blower?

Wow...that car is crazy....good luck with the tune...looks like it's built right though...

Thanks man i just have to finish it before TX 2k12!

PSI does great work. tuned my cars multiple times.

Yeah i really like PSI's tuning on my saleen GT, its been holding up a long time at 500rwhp.

If you can get a hold of Patrick at PSI, good luck with that.
Give Chris at Chris's car doc in Humble a call, ,281-540-7223 , he has a dyno and has used Lund on a remote tune before, tell him Darrell sent you :) Chris does good work at resonable prices, only one who works on my cars besides me.
Who ever you use, go by their shop and talk to them in person to get to know them. Find someone you are comfortable with that gives you the warm feeling and check out the cars in the shop.

I will give him a call and talk to him about doing remote tuning. Another member here told me about "Adrenaline" here in houston, he said they were currently tuning another 4.0 whipple GT500 as well as building his snake for 1000 hp.

Guys, i have a few loose wires that i hope you can help me identify what they are for. I will be posting pictures here in a minute , please help me identify it!

StangSupremacy

Established Member
Hey everyone, could you please help me identify what each picture component is for? I want to make sure i hook up everything properly.

I believe the first 2 pictures are part of the brake booster component?

ry%3D60

ry%3D60

This plug-in was hanging out by the wirewall. any idea?

ry%3D60

This looks like a power wire source, but for what?
ry%3D60

The blower is huge!
ry%3D60

The beast!
ry%3D60

In case there is trouble viewing the pics, here is the link to the album i just created. I cannot use photobucket at work, which is the site i am most used to.

http://beastmodegt500.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
those pics are too small to see anything and the link doesn't work for me

StangSupremacy

Established Member
try the link again, i think its accesible now. Sorry about the size of the pics embedded, shuterfly couldnt allow bigger ones. The link shows them in a large size though.

StangSupremacy

Established Member
The first one is the egr and it doesnt seem like the whipple has a port for it. The other pictures are kind of unclear.

Is the EGR necessary to run properly? or can i just not hook it up without a problem.

Also, I figured out the 2nd picture with the hose with white lettering is for the brake boost hook up.

The plug in by the fire wall is for the wind shield wipers, which apparently were taken off to install the blower.

The red wire was confirmed by the owner to be a toggle switch so that the heat exchanger with fans can run while the car is off waiting at the staging lanes for another run.

Any tips on taking off this hugely heavy blower to have it drilled? I know it will require a lot of muscle.

Users who are viewing this thread