New GT500 6 speed record

BilletProShop

Established Member
thanks guys!!!
a lot left in the car and that run provided us with valuable data that we needed to make the lil tvs car go even faster

-Sylvain

Last edited:

BilletProShop

Established Member
Yes, we finally were able to do a full 1/4 mile pass! We fought transmission/clutch/slave cylinder issues all season but now have everything under control. Reviewed the log from this pass and it is not clutch slip but tire spin in 3rd and 4th. Couple that with a fouled plug and 70% humidity, we had less than ideal conditions! Changing out gears and adding more timing next time around.

[youtube_browser]CRx2JmyUPus[/youtube_browser]

-Mat

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Mat - car leaves so smooth!! amazing, was the 60' a 1.31?

can you disclose how much the car weighs?

great pass and congrats

BilletProShop

Established Member
Mat - car leaves so smooth!! amazing, was the 60' a 1.31?

can you disclose how much the car weighs?

great pass and congrats

Yes 60' was a 1.31 on that pass, suspension is working verrrrry well. The car has to weigh a minimum of 3250 with me in it to be legal for WCF True Street Class (Crossover Rules).

Thanks!

-Mat

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Yes 60' was a 1.31 on that pass, suspension is working verrrrry well. The car has to weigh a minimum of 3250 with me in it to be legal for WCF True Street Class (Crossover Rules).

Thanks!

-Mat

thanks for the details, my guess is that car weighs near 1000 lbs less than mine with me in it... LOL

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Awesomesauce! Got one on order from them!

Seriously, love watching your car run... monstrous car!

BilletProShop

Established Member
BPS continues to run stupid hard and fast using a 6 speed, I also would love to know who built there motor and what the heck is inside. This latest motor has been through hell including being free reved past 8,000 rpm numerous times according to Mat. Here is a new video if you have Facebook https://www.facebook.com/mat.brunette/videos/1845385069028306/

Thanks joel,

Yes we've had a bit of misfortune with shifting this year as you all have noticed. We build our engines. Although we don't advertise it we do build a few for customers. Just give us a call with your goals and we'll work from there!

-Mat

BilletProShop

Established Member
BPS continues to run stupid hard and fast using a 6 speed, I also would love to know who built there motor and what the heck is inside. This latest motor has been through hell including being free reved past 8,000 rpm numerous times according to Mat. Here is a new video if you have Facebook https://www.facebook.com/mat.brunette/videos/1845385069028306/

Joel
here is a vid showing some of the abuse this motor has seen....8300rpm on numerous occasion due to 2 transmission , 2 clutches, 3 slave cylinder and 2 master cylinder issues.....
clutch , master and slave cylinder are all good now and behind us but we are still fighting the transmission... it fell apart at nmra Kentucky and it is currently in pieces, just waiting on parts and i will have this beast running again by next week
just insane poor luck....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHGNaul99dU

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread