New grille I made for the Cobra :) *Pics*

SONICBOOST

Established Member
Well i decided to go to home depot and buy some Stainless Steel Gutter guard to make a grille with. I think it turned out pretty good for spending $5.00. I didnt want to spend between 100-200 for a lower and upper grille so i did this myself. For the top i used the two bolts for the hood latch. This way i cant still have the grille delete that comes on the 03's plus a grille behind it!!! In person this looks 1000 times cleaner than it did before. Here are a couple pics.....let me know what you think!!

DSC00902.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

DSC00906.jpg

All Ready for those chrome FR500's..wow I need to clean that wheel well huh.
DSC00908.gif

DSC00909.gif

DSC00910.gif

bossman429

Established Member
Usually that looks ghetto as all hell but its looks clean there... I would like to see some pics from inside the engine bay.. See how clean it came out.. But looks pretty sharp man from the outside!

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I saw 2 teens go into home depot once and buy that stuff. I then watched them walk right out to a white Prelude with a body kit and hold it up to the front bumper and test fit it to see if they got enough.

What I'm trying to say is.....rice

Stripped302

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
I saw 2 teens go into home depot once and buy that stuff. I then watched them walk right out to a white Prelude with a body kit and hold it up to the front bumper and test fit it to see if they got enough.

What I'm trying to say is.....rice
I bet if he were to say he picked them from a mustang tuning sight everyone would say how badass is looks,just like cutting springs,if you tell people you bought them it looks awsome,tell people you cut them it looks horrible,nice work man it looks great :beer: dont listen to people

SONICBOOST

Established Member
LOL thanx stripped, i was thinking the same thing. If i would have spent 200 on the grilles they sell at some places i'm sure people wouldnt scream rice.....maybe they would but they're gay, i think its a tasteful mod that cleans up the front end.

Stripped302

Established Member
it does,i was looking for something like that on my GT,but I chose to get slp lm's instead,still waiting to get them though :cuss:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Looks great IMO. You have a cobra and a new vet and your worried about 200 bux? It just tickles me to think of that.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
I'm sorry... I just don't understand why you'd want that ugly plastic highlighted so well by the grille behind it... Looks terrible.

Don't get me wrong, the rest of your car I'm drooling over, I just don't see why you'd want to put a bright background and frame on a grille delete kit. Don't shoot me, just what I think! Haha. Beautiful car, man.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
And don't believe that crap about rice. Judging by photos alone, your Home Depot grilles look exactly the same as my couple-hundred dollar Grillcraft grilles.

SONICBOOST

Established Member
jerrad said:
Looks great IMO. You have a cobra and a new vet and your worried about 200 bux? It just tickles me to think of that.

LOL i am not worried about 200 bux. I just dont want to spend it on a grille. The Vette is my dad's, i'm only 20, and going through school and workin my ass of to pay for this car. I dont want everyone to get the impression i'm some rich kid cuz im not. But thanks for the compliments lol :beer:

SONICBOOST

Established Member
Methos said:
And don't believe that crap about rice. Judging by photos alone, your Home Depot grilles look exactly the same as my couple-hundred dollar Grillcraft grilles.

LMAO SEE I KNEW IT!!!! :-D

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
I dont think it looks bad at all. A really clean install and look for the car. I would have gone black though. Thats just me. If your happy w/it though then thats all that counts. Congrats!

dfw99cobra

Established Member
Your's is the first grill of that style that I've seen and liked. Usually it doesn't look good IMO but it looks clean

BLTONFirehawk

Established Member
Methos said:
I'm sorry... I just don't understand why you'd want that ugly plastic highlighted so well by the grille behind it... Looks terrible.

Don't get me wrong, the rest of your car I'm drooling over, I just don't see why you'd want to put a bright background and frame on a grille delete kit. Don't shoot me, just what I think! Haha. Beautiful car, man.

i concur

Users who are viewing this thread