New Goodies

JimT

Established Member
These are the cool 'Free with Purchase" items you get with a new GT350!
fd85aff411b749c3c8e0006bcc362c9f.jpg
8209a669fcb874b2a7bf3175ea646d50.jpg
ad613b1be5425c32374b20e467417c18.jpg

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1stShelby

Established Member
Yep, this along with the oil filter and wrench is pretty cool. Still think I would prefer the promised larger throttle bodies and track key.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Just received mines today. I had to call Ford Performance though...it seems someone at the dealer put their address in for my vehicle..

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yep, this along with the oil filter and wrench is pretty cool. Still think I would prefer the promised larger throttle bodies and track key.

Doesn't the Track Mode negate the need for a track key? Or was it supposed to be a track key/throttle body combo?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
About a year and a half ago I started looking deeper into the "proposed" Trackey. FR wouldn't say much about it. I noticed in the factory service manual mention of it in the BCM (Body Control Module).

_programmable%20consolidation_1.jpg

I then used a a program called FORScan to access various module data via a bluetooth OBD link. I made changes to a few different modules to make the car perform functions that were built-in at the factory but not activated. Trackey is partially programmed but needs an upload to be fully activated. Every GT350 has this file already embedded into the respective module(s). Ford Racing bailed on it and it has quietly disappeared.

0811162216_HDR_1.jpg

I inquired at PRI last December with some at Ford Racing and it was like pulling teeth. I got different answers from different people. A common theme was money or the lack of economies of scale for a low volume vehicle such as the GT350. Whether or not there were durability issues I don't know but have my own suspicions. And when the Trackey got killed it seemed as if it took the larger throttle body with it.

Users who are viewing this thread