New Genoa Motorsports Announcement

kevin

for my track buds. this is a shortened version. the full version is on our website. www.genoamotorsports.com

GENOA MOTORSPORTS COUNTRY CLUB RACE TRACK – FAQ

THE TRACK

What will be the first thing you build?
The 6.26-mile asphalt racetrack. A racing facility is useless without asphalt on the ground and ready to run on. Buildings and other amenities can be built at the same time or after the asphalt is down. We want drivers to get on track.

Is your track for members only?
NO. We have two circuits, 3.72 and 3.17 miles in length. We will build the entire 6.26-mile course at one time. We don’t believe it’s in the best interest of racers and enthusiasts to plan and announce a track and then build only part of it. One circuit will be available to members and the other circuit will be available to car and motorcycle clubs. These can be rotated so that both members and car clubs will enjoy the variety of two circuits that will run safely in both directions. When a circuit is not rented, we will have open test and tune time available.

Will the clubs renting the track be paying for the entire Country Club?
NO. With two available circuits (each with their own paddock) the clubs renting a circuit will only be paying for the cost of that circuit.

Will clubs be able to afford renting a circuit?
ABSOLUTELY YES. Our financial analysis and business model allows us to offer competitive market rates, while offering more amenities. Our rates will be lower than what many of the local enthusiasts have grown accustomed to. Our goal is to provide value, while at the same time providing an unparalled experience.

What amenities will be available to clubs in the paddock area?
The main Paddock building (see our Paddock building renderings) will have garage space available to club members when renting the track. This building will also house race control, classrooms, observation areas (you will be able to see most of the track from its vantage point), as well as proper restrooms and showers. Additional garage buildings will be added as we grow and demand dictates.

We will have areas for those who bring their “home on wheels”. If you have a self-contained RV we will have plenty of space. For those who need or want RV electrical hook-up, we’ll have dedicated pads for those too.

OK, so you are at the track and need gas for the street or racecar. We will have fuel stored and ready to pump in the paddock area – yes, this has been approved in our zoning permit.

What are the advantages to having a known and experienced track design team?
The first and foremost is cost. The old adage “you get what you pay for” is true for racetrack design. Because of Martyn’s experience, insurance costs are typically lower based on his proven “track record”. A proven track designer can be pretty certain that when the track is done it will pass requirements for certification. Bottom line - less costs, cheaper for the clubs to rent.

Another advantage is – SAFETY. When a track has little or no Armco guardrails relative to the racing line, like in our design, there are fewer structures that a car can hit, reducing the potential for damage to a car. This is another insurance cost factor. Less risk equals a lower cost, passed on to the clubs.

Do the track circuits have elevation changes?
YES. The traditional and accepted method of calculating elevation changes for a track is to take the highest point and the lowest point and the difference is the elevation change of the track. The 3.72-mile circuit has 109 feet and the 3.17-mile circuit is 104 feet. There are many additional changes of elevation between the highest and lowest points so that the rolling terrain of the property is fully used for the driver’s enjoyment.

What utilities do you have?
We will be using municipal water (town of Genoa). We already have 12,470 volts three-phase power on the property (enough to power a small city), and have data lines, telephone, natural gas, and fiber optics running to the property.

What about the other motorsports related venues you have on your 2700-acre site plan?
Our concentration is on the 6.26-mile asphalt road course and amenities. We have set aside approximately 1,250 acres (out of the 2,700) for others who may want to design, build, and operate their own motorsports related venues. We are looking at this site as a family park where dad can do one kind of racing mom can do another and the kids could run go-karts or race ¼ midgets. The County Club Members and car and motorcycle clubs that rent the 6.26-mile racetrack or either of its circuits will not be financially supporting these other venues. If you are an enthusiast/entrepreneur wishing to build and operate a race venue on our Park site, just call us.

We openly welcome any questions or comments; please contact us so that we may be able to answer them. We will respond to each one personally and if we think they are of general interest and we are able to answer them, we will add them to our FAQ. This way you can get the answer straight from the source, us.

For those interested in our Membership plans, we will be adding a Membership FAQ soon.

Contact us at: e-mail: [email protected]

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd love to have a country club type track in my area. If I lived near Chicago, you would usually find me at the club (AutoBahn :-D ). The closet club-type track to me is VIR (and its only partially a club). I've read rumors about a private track being built (or already built, depending on the rumor) near Savannah, but no one that I have talked to can identify its location.

I am envious of the Genoa track. Is all the financing lined up for the construction of the road course? I assume the weather in CO will only allow fair weather construction?

ac427cobra said:
So when's our first event there Kev
How far is it via your coach? I checked (1304.57 miles).

kevin

1995COBRA-R said:
I'd love to have a country club type track in my area. If I lived near Chicago, you would usually find me at the club (AutoBahn :-D ). The closet club-type track to me is VIR (and its only partially a club). I've read rumors about a private track being built (or already built, depending on the rumor) near Savannah, but no one that I have talked to can identify its location.

I am envious of the Genoa track. Is all the financing lined up for the construction of the road course? I assume the weather in CO will only allow fair weather construction?

How far is it via your coach? I checked (1304.57 miles).

for savannah try this www.unlimitedspeed.net

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
kevin said:
I've seen that.

It never mentions the location.

It says it has an airport. I even searched the FAA website for an airport near Savannah (could find none except the old one near Roebling Rd Racetrack).

I've talked to Georgia racers, Georgia land developers, and even a relative that works for the State of Georgia. No one knows a thing about it. :shrug:

I left a message on a phone in CO but never got a return call. I checked out the track designer. He is from Australia and has never done anything in this country (as far as I could tell).

Am I missing something? I know about 12+ racers that live here that would be interested in this.

kevin

there was a short blurp on it on page 34 of road and track a couple of months ago. i tore the page out but it doesn't say what month. the article just says 3000 acres near savannah

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
kevin said:
there was a short blurp on it on page 34 of road and track a couple of months ago. i tore the page out but it doesn't say what month. the article just says 3000 acres near savannah

I also saw a short article in a car magazine (it wasn't R&T). I guess they sent out a press release to all of the car magazines.

It is still a mystery. It's hard to buy 3000 acres near Savannah without anyone noticing it.

I can only assume that it is a very private and exclusive club that doesn't want mere mortals to be involved. :-D

I've considered this deal at VIR:
http://www.virclub.com/vir/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=12&Itemid=72

They would charge me 100/month to join the "VIR Club" and then $125-$150/ day for driving events. A guy could buy a (real) cheap piece of property around VIR to use as car storage and track-time lodging. (In case you haven't been to VIR; it's in the middle of nowhere)

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Kevin,

The facility looks great and I am glad to hear it is progressing. Keep the dream alive. I will be calling in a month or so...hopefully will be over in your direction this summer.

Tom

kevin

tomshep said:
Kevin,

The facility looks great and I am glad to hear it is progressing. Keep the dream alive. I will be calling in a month or so...hopefully will be over in your direction this summer.

Tom

thanks, and your welcome to stay at my place.

Users who are viewing this thread