new gauges

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
i did a built custom dash with gauge pods and i was going to hook the gauges up. i was just wondering if anyone has suggestions on what wires to tap into for power. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
boost, wideband, fuel pres., oil pres., yeah i need to hook up the light and the electrical gauges need a power source. i just figured people that have done it before would know the best place to tap.

203Cree

Established Member
I don't know about hookin them all up here, but I used the dimmer wire from the stock radio for the light on my boost guage. You might be able to hook all four into that wire, I'm not sure if it'll handle it or no. As for powering the rest of them, I would think they'd all hook into the stock sending units. The WB, I don't know about that one. Never hooked on up.

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
I agree with 203cree for the dimmer part of the gauges, you could also tap into the wire coming out of the dimmer switch. As far as powering them I would pick a switched power wire that runs off of your fuse box under the dash. Your oil press and fuel press will get the power they require from their sending units. Godd luck with the install. Post some pics when your done.

Users who are viewing this thread