New fuel mods!

beeradd

Established Member
My buddy works at Aeromotive, he has been wanting to take my car and put one of their rail kits on it, not sure if they actually have a specific kit for the cobras. I dropped it off today and he was saying it is very possible that they might go ahead and do an entire return fuel system with eliminator pump and all. I said go for it! way overkill for what I am running now but awesome nonetheless. If this goes down maybe I can talk the wife into that whipple I have been dreaming about. :rockon:

beeradd

Established Member
Can anybody think of any ill effects I may have with the new return fuel system? I drive this car quite often

stal94gt

Established Member
your going to need a tune, be sure he keeps the frps. im pretty sure aeromotive makes a external frps adapter. also i have not heard to much about aeromotive rails fitting with large twin screw sc's. return fuel systems are deff alot better on fi cars

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Keep us updated. Would love to see some 03 specific parts from Aeromotive.

beeradd

Established Member
He is working on the rails currently, he was talking about putting them on the milling maching to make them fit better. I let him know about people on here complaining about fitment issues with bigger blowers..

beeradd

Established Member
He put a set of rails on it for now, they fit great. I will post some pics this weekend.
Talked of having something else in the works, like machining a billet hat with an A1000...

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I am pretty certain that the passenger rail will interfere with the inlet on a Whipple. I just went though this when installing older Fore rails that were made prior to them machining the clearance in the passenger rail for twin screws. I Think the rails I have would have cleared an Eaton plenum, but I had to do quite a bit of machining to clear my Whipple. I had to take it down .150" in the area of the plenum, as well as putting an aggressive radius on the back edge to allow the rail to roll outward to access the blower bolts, since the plenum doesn't come off on the Whipple. Just thought I should mention that because if they plan to make rails for our cars, they really need to do the R&D using a TS car to be sure they will fit. If they fit with the KB and Whipple, then they would fit for sure with any Eaton variant too.;-)

beeradd

Established Member
Here are a few shots

14m5btj.jpg

2i8tziu.jpg

dfiv48.jpg

and a longshot of the passenger side
f3yv4o.jpg

cobracide

Established Member
So let me get this straight.. You had a perfectly good car and you let Beavis hack it up and do what? The stock rails are good past 700.

Last edited:

beeradd

Established Member
No E-85 around here, hell I only have 91 close to me...
It will look nicer later on, kinda put it back together for now so I could drive it while he develops the back half

z28misfit

Established Member
I gotta keep my eyes on this thread..Getting ready to do my fuel system in the next few weeks and being that FORE no longer exists Im trying to see what I can do for a fuel system now?? Im glad to see these rails kept the FRPS.

beeradd

Established Member
just dropped the car off today. Aeromotive is going to complete the back half of my fuel system. They have milled a custom billet fuel hat and are going to drop an A1000 in the tank for me. I will start another thread and give it a proper title with pics when I get it back from the tuner. I want to do E85 but don't have the funds for injectors or a bigger mass air meter yet. Next year hopefully... :D

Teej281

Established Member
Funny thing is someone already has an A1000 and an Eliminator setup on the market with billet hat in tank...check out my recent thread. Its through BBR. Looks super sexy.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
just dropped the car off today. Aeromotive is going to complete the back half of my fuel system. They have milled a custom billet fuel hat and are going to drop an A1000 in the tank for me. I will start another thread and give it a proper title with pics when I get it back from the tuner. I want to do E85 but don't have the funds for injectors or a bigger mass air meter yet. Next year hopefully... :D

Any reason they didn't use the Stealth pumps?

Users who are viewing this thread