new front grill...pics

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Decided to do away with the "custom":lol1: front grill the previous owner had installed and went with a "Ford Parts" Steve custom one-off grill... think it looks pretty good.:rockon: Big thanx to Steve for the piece....he may have a future in this.:thumbsup:

Before:nonono:

Picture007.gif

PB060003.gif

Now:banana:

PC080016.gif

PC080020.gif

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Well done bro !! My 04 is the same color, and I bought red Inserts for the three Blue oval's... One one the rear gate, one on front grill, and even the little one on the steering wheel. I get all kinds of complaments on them. And they were only a few bucks on E-Bay.

macdiesel

Established Member
Looks 1000 times better than the red piece. Is the new grill from the 05+ focus'? Got any pics of the hood up? Curious to see how the new grill mates up under the hood.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Looks 1000 times better than the red piece. Is the new grill from the 05+ focus'? Got any pics of the hood up? Curious to see how the new grill mates up under the hood.

I am not sure exactly what year it is...like you said probably 05+....the fittment is not perfect but it looks 1000x better I think. It sticks out just a bit right in the front, needs to go back a little more to be flush, can not really tell until you get right up on it.:D

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
that looks SO GOOD!!! Where did you find this grill and how much was it?? I wanted one when I had my front end re-done after the wreck but couldn't find one.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
^ What he said. Looks damn nice now!!:beer:

That red 'thing' doesn't even look like it fits!:eek:

I hear ya....the previous owner did some nice work with painting the interior pieces (that I am in the process of removing) and the engine bay, and kept the car really clean and took great care of it....but I do not know what he was thinking with that front grill.:dw:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
that looks SO GOOD!!! Where did you find this grill and how much was it?? I wanted one when I had my front end re-done after the wreck but couldn't find one.

It's a stock '05 grille with the chrome removed and the excess plastic cut off.

It takes about an hour or so with a Dremel, a side cutter and a utility knife to do the job.

Here it is on mine,
IMAG0398.gif

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
I am not sure exactly what year it is...like you said probably 05+....the fittment is not perfect but it looks 1000x better I think. It sticks out just a bit right in the front, needs to go back a little more to be flush, can not really tell until you get right up on it.:D

Try the zip tie trick I told you about, it works great!!

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Try the zip tie trick I told you about, it works great!!

For sure this weekend Steve...I just finished up the exhaust today...what a bitch. If I ever meet the guy who tack welded that tailpipe on their is going to be trouble:mj:..haha. Looks great, I will get some pics up later. Your rear will ship probably tomorrow or Thursday. Thanx again.:beer:

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
is it just me or does the old one look like a honda grill? i dont think it looks bad, just doesnt fit correct

Users who are viewing this thread