New Forum Poster, Semi-Recent 97 Cobra Owner

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
I've lurked around the forum for a while now, but never really joined until this point. My fiancée and I bought a '97 Cobra back in May of this year from a small used car lot just outside of Raleigh. It looked pretty good on the ad, and they had just lowered the price to a pretty good steal, so we drove about two hours to go pick it up, and on the test drive we knew we had to have it. It had 87k on the odometer, and it drove very well. The clutch engaged pretty high and the seats were about 50% or so, but other than that it was in perfect condition. From the documentation, this was a Maryland car that had been owned since new up to a few months beforehand by a nice lady who didn't seem to drive it very much. I know this because she left her insurance card in the SVT manual :rolleyes:
1KcWr6Tl.jpg

This is how it looked when we got it, and drove it the full 2 hours back home, without so much as a hiccup. Once we got it home, the first order of business was to remove the ugly, faded, salmon-ish colored red pinstripe down the side of the entire car. A few days after that, the short throw arrived in the mail, and it completely transformed the car, I mean it was night and day difference. Oh, and somebody in the past had decided to take the SVT logo and place it underneath the blue oval. It kinda scared me into thinking that it had been rear-ended, but if it has been in the past, they did a hell of a good job covering it up, because it's still factory fresh underneath. Since we bought it, the SVT badge was relocated, new vinyl letters were applied to the back bumper, it's been clayed, cleaned, and waxed thoroughly, and the front bumper with the license plate bracket was replaced with an aftermarket clean one.
TMkNSu0l.jpg

Lmb624Gl.jpg

A2wVdxpl.jpg

Oh, and this is my fiancées DD, to a lot of people's surprise. I'll always laugh at the fact that she went from a 99 Corolla to a Cobra. And the red 65 coupe in the background is mine, but sadly not on the road at the moment :cryying:
But that's just about it, so nice to meet everyone. :banana:

Last edited:

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
Oh, and the SLP LM1s are going in tomorrow, should put an exhaust clip up sometime after :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread