New # for Spark Plugs.

Garlin

Established Member
Hi Guys,
Went out today and purchased spark plugs for the 00R. I was told there is a new number that replaces the old #AGSF-12-FM1. The new number is AGSF-12FM1-472-FM1. These are supposed to be direct replacement spark plugs. Has anyone purchased plugs lately? And are these the right replacement plugs? These are Motorcraft spark plugs.
One more Question. What is the gap setting for these plugs?
Thanks
Gary :shrug:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Garlin said:
Did that. That's where I got the old plug #. But no gap for the new plugs.

Well if that didn't get it for you, I don't know what to tell you? Hopefully someone here has an answer?

If and when you do find out the info please post it in the FAQ thread and Ed will get it added hopefully!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
the numbering system may have changed but an agsf12fm1 is still a #12 heat range plug.

since you guys dont have blowers you dont need to worry about the spark blowing out. try .45 for a gap.

dont forget you can still go colder with the heat range if you need to, and if you dont feel like spending all that money on the motorcrafts, im a big fan of the ngk tr6 (same heat range as the agsf12)

Garlin

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure these were the right plugs. The two other items I went to the dealer for were wrong, plus I wasn't sure about the gap. Thanks again. :burnout:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Garlin said:
The two other items I went to the dealer for were wrong :burnout:

Everytime I go to the dealer and tell the parts guy it's for a 2000 Cobra "R" he looks at me and does this----> :dw: so I try not to mention the car, ever! :-D

Garlin

Established Member
I know what you mean. I've had that happen before. But the one dealer I try to use is in to Cobra R's . I've been told the owner of the dealership has 2, and his parts guy knows quite a bit about 00R's. But the dealer I went to the other day was not. They told me they had only seen 2 00R's and that is when they sold them and that the guy came to the dealer with a trailer and hauled both away. That was back in 2000 and they haven't seen one since. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread