New FMIC arrived!

Nuked

Established Member
Can't wait to get this thing on! All the reviews have been very positive so far. Looks good, nice build quality.

SteedaFMIC.jpg

PhantomX

Established Member
That looks great I want one too! Let us know how the install goes I'm always afraid of taking bumpers off, I feel like I an never line things up again.

Nuked

Established Member
Well 5 months later and I finally got around to installing the new FMIC. With the cold weather I wasn't in too big a hurry, but with spring here I figured I better get it installed before race season. Insallation was actually not bad at all. Remove headlights, undertray and loosen the splash guards towards the front of the car. Alot of push-pin clips and T25 screws. I took my time doing it and it was only an afternoon project. Also installed a set of XB LED foglights and used t-bolt clamps on FMIC connection.

As for performance... Charge temps stayed at or below ambient during cruising. 3rd gear pull from 2500-6500 showed only a 4 degree increase in charge temps (which occurred over 5000 rpms where stock turbo is out of efficiency range anyways), 4th gear pull was similar. Granted ambient temps where only in the 60's yesterday during testing, but it is a HUGE improvement over stock. Similar pulls with the stock intercooler would yield increases of up to 60 degrees on a single pull at times! Definitely one of the best mods I have purchased so far, and should be on any FoST owners "minimum" list.

SQ

Users who are viewing this thread