New Exhaust

viperr1

Established Member
Wanting to ditch my old exhaust sys. for new. Presently have rusted BBK's, patched to Bassani X-pipe, and flowmasters out the back. Thinking about SLP's LM II cat-back. What X-pipe and header, do you guys think, would be compatible with that cat-back? Like to keep it all stainless if possible. Surprised that SLP discontinued making headers for the 99 and 01 cobras. I would have done everything SLP if it wasn't for that, just to keep it a bolt-up sys..

clbailey

Established Member
Wanting to ditch my old exhaust sys. for new. Presently have rusted BBK's, patched to Bassani X-pipe, and flowmasters out the back. Thinking about SLP's LM II cat-back. What X-pipe and header, do you guys think, would be compatible with that cat-back? Like to keep it all stainless if possible. Surprised that SLP discontinued making headers for the 99 and 01 cobras. I would have done everything SLP if it wasn't for that, just to keep it a bolt-up sys..

Thats exactly the same route I was going to do. I have the SLP catted x (but its modular so you can bolt straight pipes in place when not doing emissions) and the SLP LM2, its loud when it needs to be, and quiet and no drone when crusing. It was very easy to put together, but be careful with the tips when putting them on, if you put them too far back the hangars can push into the bumper and mine is cracked a bit, but its almost invisible (not 100% sure if thats what caused this, or my wife doesnt know how to drive and doesnt tell me if she hits things)

You can still get Headers that fit with the setup I have. SLP does make 1 header that should work, if not I think there are 2 other companies that still make headers that will bolt to the slp x pipe. Gotta research other sites that AM and LMR. Try lmperformance, thunderracing, etc..

viperr1

Established Member
I called SLP today, said they don't make headers for 99 & 01's anymore. Probably not much demand. I'll keep checking around. The guy did say the SLP x-pipe may bolt up to other headers but didn't say which ones.

71catruck

Established Member
i have jba headers and its the same part number for the 99-01 and 03-04 cobra. would it just be cheaper to have your headers coated. and the next time i do exhaust im just getting mufflers and having a good shop bend up the pipes. it will fit alot better.

viperr1

Established Member
i have jba headers and its the same part number for the 99-01 and 03-04 cobra. would it just be cheaper to have your headers coated. and the next time i do exhaust im just getting mufflers and having a good shop bend up the pipes. it will fit alot better.

I'm sure, cheaper for coating, not to worried about cost. Just wanting all stainless this time around. Been looking at the American racing header/x-pipe combo. Anyone heard good or bad about these?

clbailey

Established Member
ARH are good, I dont see too many people using them just from the cost alone. But if you can find a combo around 1000 bucks Id go for it.

zPipes

Established Member
I like H pipes. As we speak Im having a set of mac long tubes set on to mac o/r h, going to flowmasters.

Users who are viewing this thread