New exhaust setup

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
I just wanted to share, i finally got my exhaust finished:MAC Long tubes, Bassani o/r X pipe, Ford racing M55 mufflers. I had to have a catback custome made since these mufflers were made for IRS only. I had Mandrel Bending Solutions do the catback and it turned out great. They hang pretty low but that is due to the X-pipe being angled downward :fm:. this is by far the loudest and most brutal exhaust i have heard and i love every second of it. I'll try and get a video posted some time this week if i can get a hold of a vid camera. Just thought i would get out some of the excitement.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Actually i do, from inside the car its suprisingly quiet with almost no drone at all. im gonna have a friend use his camera on thursday so hopefully i'll have some vids up by friday. And yes, it is insanely LOUD :rockon:

ahahah im just messin with you man i bet its insane

Sny714

Established Member
Im guessing the fit with the bassani midpipe with the Mac Lts's werent so great and thast why the X pipe is angled down? JUst curious bc I thought I read that MAc LT only work with certain midpipe brands.

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
Im guessing the fit with the bassani midpipe with the Mac Lts's werent so great and thast why the X pipe is angled down? JUst curious bc I thought I read that MAc LT only work with certain midpipe brands.

Yeah the fit is terrible, the mufflers hang almost an inch from the road :( Any suggestions on an O/R X that would fit a little better?

Sny714

Established Member
Yeah the fit is terrible, the mufflers hang almost an inch from the road :( Any suggestions on an O/R X that would fit a little better?

I have a VRS X Pipe. The width didnt line up that great but with 2 guys we got the X on. I believe Lethal Performance Sells an X for the Mac LT also. It might be the same as the VRS, Im not sure.

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
where did you find M55's i thought they stopped selling them

They did stop making them but i found somebody on the Corral that was willing to part with them.

Still working on getting a video, i cant seem to track down anybody with a camera. And i got my MAC's used for an amazing price so im not worried :banana:

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
are the m55's louder then slp 1's?

currently i am running bbk lt's, o/r x pipe, slp 1's, and dumps before the axle. so im curious if its worth swapping if i can get my hands on some...

Users who are viewing this thread