New Exhaust Set Up

Cobra 08

So Tired
Established Member
Im Going all out for the Borla Stingers and Bassani off road X-Pipe. However ive been thinking of some options for my X-Pipe.
1. Should I get the high flow cats?
2. Should I get only the Borla Stingers and just take off my cats to
save some money?
3. Or just buy the X-Pipe with no cats.

Thanks for your time and ill UP LOAD (lol) some pictures of my 03 Anniversary

Cobra 08

greengt88

Established Member
Do what i did, buy the x-pipe with no cats- should be able to find a decnt deal on ebay, i paid $270 for mine shipped. then buy the cats seperate- i got mine from ninosport.com- have the x installed in off-road trim first and see how you like it, if you do send the cats back and spend that $300 else where. If not throw the cats in. Then you aren't stuck with cats you may not want and you can get your moneyy back, versus buying the pipe with the cats already. you won't be able to send just the cats back out of a kit like that. sometimes i'm too smart for my own good.

greengt88

Established Member
yep i believe it's mp-25 just go to ninosport and go under catalytic convertors, they had the cheapest price. i'll have mine tuesday. and hopefully can get an install on sat. and hopefully ship the cats back mon. i really hope i like the way it sounds with out them.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Personally, I don't like the combo of an Xpipe with Stingers. It's waaaaaaaay too raspy for my taste. When I added my X-pipe (with removable cats) I noticed the change immediately and so I replaced the Stingers with the quieter Borla catback.

Now having said this, I know there a lot of Cobra owners running this setup and love it. So, I'd advise listening to a Cobra or a soundclip with your planned setup and decide if you like the sound BEFORE you buy everything and install it on the car...:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread