New England SVT Service

cmaxey

Established Member
New England SVT Service

I am seeking service on my 2003 SVT Mustang. Can anyone recommend a Boston area dealership to examine the rattling noise associated with my clutch. No slippage, rattling goes away if I use my toe to lift up on the clutch petal.

It was suggested that I place this posting in regional...

bigmoose

Established Member
not sure about the boston area, but if you are willing to drive to RI, Tasca Ford is probably the most reputable place in the area. its where they do super snake transformations.

with the car running ion neutral, try pulling the clutch pedal up with your hand, see if that does anything.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Its your Throw out bearing chirping in there... you just need a clutch adjustment. And btw pulling up on the pedal is the wrong way to adjust. ( not to sound like an ass or anything)

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Framingham Ford. Did all my warranty work with Kenne Bell installed and never questioned it. 2 rear ends, 5 half shafts, and 1 input shaft for the trans. They never made an issue about a modded car. They were ready to replace the clutch/flywheel due to high speed slipping when I sold the car.

cmaxey

Established Member
That is great news. I have had good experience in the past with another Ford at Framingham Ford. I heard that they have a Mustang head in the service department. Thanks for the info.

Craig

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
I don't know why nobody mentioned BONNELL FORD in Winchester, Mass.
They are the SVT lead dealership in Mass. I bought my Cobra there. The head
person is Curt Bonnell. They're all trained on SVT cars, many other dealerships
are not. They are the Mass. leading SVT dealership, others are probably telling you
were they have had good work done. Ken

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
I don't know why nobody mentioned BONNELL FORD in Winchester, Mass.
They are the SVT lead dealership in Mass. I bought my Cobra there. The head
person is Curt Bonnell. They're all trained on SVT cars, many other dealerships
are not. They are the Mass. leading SVT dealership, others are probably telling you
were they have had good work done. Ken

He thought it was something wrong with the tranny but it ended up being just a clutch adjustment.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
hc ford in braintree has 2 ford nuts that work on lightning and cobras

I think I know who you mean, one of them is my friend. I know the other guy too. Only problem there is too much politics and the fact that all techs aren't treated equal. I often suggest to my friend he change his first name. If you know the shop you will know what I mean by that.

Users who are viewing this thread