New England area engine builders?

gtmustang00

Established Member
Pk machine in fitchburg ma built my 363. He does all the motors for pro tree performance.

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
I would reach out to mike Plummer and see who he recommends. He and his buddy have some sick cars and are really knowledgable and will point you in the right direction.
I've known Plummer for a long, long time.
Probably one of the most honest and experienced guys around. He will tell it like it is, whether you like it or not.

Those of you who have seen the white Saleen that Plummer rolls with- I've known that kid for 25 years, since 6th grade. Pretty sure DEZ had a part in that engine build.

What people fail to understand is that EVERY single GOOD TUNER has popped a motor at one point or another. If your set up can't handle it or you have mechanical issues, you can't blame a tuner for blowing a motor.

howie8124

Established Member
I've known Plummer for a long, long time.
Probably one of the most honest and experienced guys around. He will tell it like it is, whether you like it or not.

Those of you who have seen the white Saleen that Plummer rolls with- I've known that kid for 25 years, since 6th grade. Pretty sure DEZ had a part in that engine build.

What people fail to understand is that EVERY single GOOD TUNER has popped a motor at one point or another. If your set up can't handle it or you have mechanical issues, you can't blame a tuner for blowing a motor.

Not to sure who he is.. If anyone wants to have him chime in that'd be great

Also I'm not staying away from dez just for blowing a motor on the dyno here and there, it's just a mix of unsatisfied customers and poor customer service I've read about on them. Just too much for me to bring my business there

Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
My buddy used PK machine I think for getting his cams degreed. Paid $500. Don't know if that is a good price or not.

Isn't there a guy in RI named Bob Mason who builds mod motors? He had a nice machine shop behind a gas station that his son owns. I don't know anyone who have used him, but I've always heard rumors that he is a good builder.

gtmustang00

Established Member
My buddy used PK machine I think for getting his cams degreed. Paid $500. Don't know if that is a good price or not.

Isn't there a guy in RI named Bob Mason who builds mod motors? He had a nice machine shop behind a gas station that his son owns. I don't know anyone who have used him, but I've always heard rumors that he is a good builder.

Paul isn't cheap, but you're paying for the quality, knowledge, and customer service.

coposrv

Established Member
+1 for Fred at smg. He's a good guy that emphasis quality work. Clean shop and smart guy too.

coposrv

Established Member
Any one consider mike at abt? He will be expensive and more of a machinist, he did almost all of bob pucell's machine work.

Users who are viewing this thread