New Engine

ol_redsy

Established Member
I have a 99 CSVT that needs a new engine. Can anyone recommend a source? The best I've found so far is about $2400.

brapple

Established Member
any stock engine is going to run that much. if you want to go 3L you can get them for a few hundred $'s. check out car-parts.com and lkq.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
What Brapple said. You should look into a 3L swap. More HP and TQ less money. check out the Capital section and get ahold of Dan G.

startthesho

i want 12s
Established Member
since i am in this same problem(well, my buddy is) does anyone have a link to engine swaps for the CSVT? my buddy's was just deemed a "total loss" by the insurance company after he got rear-ended, but he picked up another CSVT with a blown motor. i am going to help him swap the motors. it's not my first swap, but it is the first with a contour. anyone have a link/list of things that i need to do?

PSU-CSVT

Established Member
What Brapple said. You should look into a 3L swap. More HP and TQ less money. check out the Capital section and get ahold of Dan G.

x100 on Dan G. he did my engine swap, and is very good at his work. Pm him.

since i am in this same problem(well, my buddy is) does anyone have a link to engine swaps for the CSVT? my buddy's was just deemed a "total loss" by the insurance company after he got rear-ended, but he picked up another CSVT with a blown motor. i am going to help him swap the motors. it's not my first swap, but it is the first with a contour. anyone have a link/list of things that i need to do?

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19

thats a link to the 3L thread on contour.org. lots of good info there.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
There isn't a straightforward walk through on the whole 3.0L thing. There are too many approaches. I spent a good 3-6 months of researching and planning went I put mine together back in 03/04.

Users who are viewing this thread