New engine start up

fst86410

Established Member
Do you guys think I could start and move around my car, not drive, with the old tune? The old set up is in my sig. The new set up is bored .020 over with 10:1, ported heads, crower stage 4 cams, ported short runner, stock stroke, and an F1A. Just a standard rebuild with forged rods and pistons. I would run it on the fuel set up that I have right now, but yes it will be upgraded with another GT pump and return line. Just want to move it without pushing it.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Most often the safest approach is to use the maf/injectos/tune from the last setup, it will provide a safe start and break in.

don cobra

Banned
Do you guys think I could start and move around my car, not drive, with the old tune? The old set up is in my sig. The new set up is bored .020 over with 10:1, ported heads, crower stage 4 cams, ported short runner, stock stroke, and an F1A. Just a standard rebuild with forged rods and pistons. I would run it on the fuel set up that I have right now, but yes it will be upgraded with another GT pump and return line. Just want to move it without pushing it.

where did you buy you F1A blower and how much did it run you. Right now i have a PSC1 which i want to upgrade to the F1A and do i need to change anything to make the blower fit. I would be running same compression ratio like you.
T.I.A

fst86410

Established Member
where did you buy you F1A blower and how much did it run you. Right now i have a PSC1 which i want to upgrade to the F1A and do i need to change anything to make the blower fit. I would be running same compression ratio like you.
T.I.A

I got the blower from another member on here. I traded my blower and some cash. As far as fitting I switched to an 8 rib set up as well, all I had to do was space it out for the pulley to line up. It does get a little tight between the inlet of the blower and the radiator.

don cobra

Banned
I got the blower from another member on here. I traded my blower and some cash. As far as fitting I switched to an 8 rib set up as well, all I had to do was space it out for the pulley to line up. It does get a little tight between the inlet of the blower and the radiator.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
personally i'd probably wait till everything's in and ready. if you're running your old tune are you even sure it will run with the cams in it?

just curious too, you have a single 8 rib setup(everything runs off of it), or is it a dedicated drive?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread