New engine mounted Fuel pressure gauge

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
Here is my new engine mounted fuel pressure gauge. It is mounted under the FRPS. The angle makes it kind of hard to see but I just wanted a rail mounted one also.

IMG_0065.gif

IMG_0064.gif

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
Just wondering, what's the advantage of that?

I don't know of any advantage for it but it does have a port in the back to hook up another mechanical / electrical gauge or NOS to it. Plus you don't have to tape into the Schrader valve if you do add a fuel pressure gauge. You can actually still use the Schrader valve as a test port like the dealers do. IMO :shrug:

cobracide

Established Member
I guess if you are at the track a lot doing things it might come in handy. Looks pretty bling! :burnout:

Last edited:

mustangtw

Established Member
I had one of those jegs liquid filled gauges on my carbed 93 coupe and it would consistently drop 3psi of fuel pressure as the car warmed up. I would start out at 6psi then drop down to 2-3 sometimes 0 psi when the car got warmed up. Come to find out it was the liquid inside the gauge causing this, I verified it with a autometer non liquid filled gauge. So what I did was remove the plug on the side and pour the liquid out. Works fine now. Just something to watch out for. U probably wont even notice 3psi drop on your fuel injected cobra which runs 30-40psi normally, but on a carb car with a gauge that only goes to 15psi, every psi makes a huge difference.

Users who are viewing this thread