New engine in my snake.

badsnke

Please help. I do not know what to do . The dealer is going to put a new engine in my 01 Cobra. The bad part is i do not believe that there is any more factory engines available. Iasked them about a buy back so i could buy a new cobra and pay the difference. They did not give me a answer. help please. They are going to call me tomorrow and tell whats going on. What are my options. I do not think a new engine is going to make me happy. I paid 33800.00 for this car 600.00 a month payments. What should i do. Thanks

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Why don't you think there are any more engines available? The cobra motor is used for so many cars: MG, Panos, Marauder, Qvale Mangusta, and it will be the motor for the 03 Mach1. I would not worry about it too much, just take the new motor and hopefully you will be driving prblem free.

Established Member
Ford no longer assembles the current 4V. They contract out for all replacements. It will not have the signature plate and will not be built to the same standards. I'd make them buy it back if possible. Don't let them cheat you. Part of SVT's motto is "Exclusivity." Your new motor will not be a Cobra motor assembled by Ford.

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Originally posted by 103
Ford no longer assembles the current 4V. They contract out for all replacements. It will not have the signature plate and will not be built to the same standards. I'd make them buy it back if possible. Don't let them cheat you. Part of SVT's motto is "Exclusivity." Your new motor will not be a Cobra motor assembled by Ford.

Where did you get this info 103? I would be very interested in knowing the source of this info. If you called Ford, can you give me a name?

Thanks!

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Aluminum 4v motors are still assembled at the Romeo plant by Ford. These motors still have the signature plates, the SVT plates would be put on there also. If you have any questions about it, ask SVT....
800-367-3788

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
svt-tmleader is right!

Originally posted by svt-tmleader
Aluminum 4v motors are still assembled at the Romeo plant by Ford. These motors still have the signature plates, the SVT plates would be put on there also. If you have any questions about it, ask SVT....
800-367-3788

Good reply... I still want to know why 103 would state that, he heard it from a dealer?

Issues like engine replacement are serious, alot of "extra care" goes in to a SVT product prior to it's release. (believe it or not)

Very nice of you to give the number, I should have done the same. Keep us posted with your progress BadSnake

kwiksnake

Established Member
The engine parts are going to be subcontracted out, like the heads are going to be built by one company and the machining by another, but they are still hand assembled by Ford at the Romeo plant and will still have the signature plates.

badsnke

New engine

Went to the dealer today. Its going to be a reman engine. No others are available! He said he would not be happy if it was his. But if it was he would not be treated any different.That is the only engines they have. Asked what if i have other problems. He told me to bring in my parts .And he would put it back completley stock. Because he did not want any problems with warranty issues. Have steeda springs. 410 rear end .K&n filter. and few other mods 2100 total. So back to bone stock it is. DOwn to the filter. Thanks for your comments.

Black Cobra

Established Member
http://www.karkraft.com/ has over 300 engines. Including new V8-32V Cobra engines.

http://www.prewittracing.com/modular.htm also has complete 4.6L engines.

I might be tempted to go with the following.

4.6 Street and Race Application: $7899

Forged steel crank
New Block, fully machined
Custom SRS pistons
Forged steel 4340 rods
Complete head porting with custom ground cams
Upgraded oil pan
CM Rings
TryMetel Bearings
Bullitt Intake
ARP head studs
ARP main studs