New Engine bay pics

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Well, i was kicking around the idea for a long time to paint my blower black. But i didnt know how it was going to look, because @ the time i dont think anyone had done it. After seeing Sambandits and Racers blowers black i finally decided to pull it off and do it. Its winter, and the car is parked so i figured now was the best time. The pics are below. They came out crappy because of the light in my shop and it was dark out, so i couldnt get any with good light. The flash makes it look funny to. Im still kicking the idea around of chroming some parts, or powdercoating them. But im going to wait on that, until after i finish some performance stuff i have lined up. I need to finish polishing the heatshield for the Steeda CAI, thats why some pics have it on and some dont.

enginebay1.JPG
enginebay2.JPG
enginebay3.JPG
enginebay4.JPG

enginebay5.JPG

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I like it alot... You got the mini tank for the Coolant? All the other ones I see are huge and go all the way to the intake.. How much bigger is that then stock?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks good Dave. A bit of chrome, though, will add a nice touch to all that black. How about a chromed radiator cover? Someone posted a picture of theirs today. Looked really nice. And a billet oil filler cap. Just to start. :)

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
I like it alot... You got the mini tank for the Coolant? All the other ones I see are huge and go all the way to the intake.. How much bigger is that then stock?

Its a few inches wider then stock. I got it mainly for the looks, not for function really. It was from XMS and i got an awsome deal on it so i grabbed it

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Now all you need in there is polished Procharger...........j/k man.

That really looks sweet. I like the black blower. Good job man.

jack

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
jackers said:
Now all you need in there is polished Procharger...........j/k man.

That really looks sweet. I like the black blower. Good job man.

jack
Dave has done the ProCharger thing which is why he is back to a ported Eaton. Gotta love the torque it puts out. And hate the lack of low end torque from the ProCharger. :-D

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Looks great man, congrats on the new setup! I too am looking to add a little bit of bling as well, a few polished pieces here and there I think.

mustangsally50

She Bites
Established Member
I really like it! Since my car is black, I bet it would look good in mine.

I'd stay away from the chrome, maybe I'm alone here but I can't get
into all that chromed out stuff.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys. Have to thank sambandit and Racers for being the first ones that i know of to paint the eaton, i wasnt sure how it was going to look until i saw their pics.

Bob- i think jackers knows i used to have a Procharger on the car, he was just joking :)

03snakebite- are those caps the UPR ones? Ive seen those and they look nice. Only think i do not like about them is that the billet piece just sits over the cap, you do not get the complete thing. I might go with some MGW polished pieces, like the oil res and coolant caps.

mblgjr-that is actally a place im renting that i do side work out of. i wish it was my garage @ my house though. But yes it has a sofa, bathroom, heat, water etc etc :)
Here is a pic

shop%20pic.JPG

Roush9703

Established Member
looks great ma i too have been planning to do this for quite sometime. now finally my blower is off and it will get done. thing is i'm going to look like the ass thats stealing everyones idea though.

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
Juiced46 said:
Its a few inches wider then stock. I got it mainly for the looks, not for function really. It was from XMS and i got an awsome deal on it so i grabbed it
What or who is XMS? I really like the little cooler for looks as well. Thanks for the info.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
The intercooler tank was from Xtreme Motorsports in Arizona. www.xmsengineering.com There was a post about their IC tanks a while ago on SVTP. I guess not many people bought them. I called XMS 2 weeks ago to order an HE for a customer and Bill Reid said he was selling a polished IC reservoir for a really good price so i grabbed it. As far as i know this was the only polished one they had. He mentioned they have some of the regular metal ones unpolished, im not sure on price though. Also as far as i know, its not on their website either

I used Gloss Black Duplicolor engine enamel to paint the blower. The black will not hold heat in. Black attracts heat when sunlight is on it. I think it will be ok unless i drive around without my hood on ;)

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread