New Edlebrock Intake Mani

bobster

Established Member
Wish it wasn't aluminum, some guys will like the aluminum but for weight and heat disperse you can't beat poly.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting. Edelbrocks manifolds for the pushrods were top notch and im sure this is a nice piece.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
It'll be interesting to see how this intake performs. A direct port n20 kit might be easier to setup with an aluminum intake.

Last edited:

kdaly

Established Member
yes I know but 27lbs heavier? Seems like an awful lot.

Brian @ Vossen just said:

The guys over at Edelbrock were telling me that the price range is going to be half the price or a little bit less than half the price of the current intake manifolds out... the 27/lbs is meaning Ft/lbs of torque advertising that it

has a 10x better low end over the boss manifold. The guys over at Edelbrock were really hitting this design hard with people who were looking to go nitrous with their build.

Last edited:

Quad4_72

Established Member

The guys over at Edelbrock were telling me that the price range is going to be half the price or a little bit less than half the price of the current intake manifolds out... the 27/lbs is meaning Ft/lbs of torque advertising that it

has a 10x better low end over the boss manifold. The guys over at Edelbrock were really hitting this design hard with people who were looking to go nitrous with their build.

Makes much more sense thank you.

q6543

Established Member
Personally I can't wait for the professional products knockoffs at 1/3 the price.

that's old school foxbody humor......fyi.

debit_free_2010

Established Member

I kinda doubt that intake will cost less than $400, Their cast LS intake runs 600. Weight wise the LS intake runs around 12lbs so it's not terribly heavy.

Edelbrock rates their stuff at the flywheel so that must've been a crap tune to gross a 60 point spread like that, that net's what 360 lb of rw torque and 415 rw hp?

Not knocking it , hopefully it just needs better tuning.

kdaly

Established Member
I kinda doubt that intake will cost less than $400, Their cast LS intake runs 600. Weight wise the LS intake runs around 12lbs so it's not terribly heavy.

Edelbrock rates their stuff at the flywheel so that must've been a crap tune to gross a 60 point spread like that, that net's what 360 lb of rw torque and 415 rw hp?

Not knocking it , hopefully it just needs better tuning.

Werd, I'm looking forward to real world data. Its great to have a few options.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
You can buy boss or cj pretty cheap now. Let's not forget that both of these intakes will not bolt into 15 plus car without lower mounts and/or larger cowl hood. Does the Edlebrock fit? If not, a little late to the party IMO.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
You can buy boss or cj pretty cheap now. Let's not forget that both of these intakes will not bolt into 15 plus car without lower mounts and/or larger cowl hood. Does the Edlebrock fit? If not, a little late to the party IMO.

The intake is for both the S197 and S550, it will clear the S550 hood.

AKDMB

Established Member
Glad to see new stuff for the coyote, period. Maybe this manifold could be opened up considerably more than a normal Boss 302 intake manifold due to it's aluminum construction, there's no telling how beefy it is in the area's you would want port. Definitely good for people going full retard, power wise. I still think that you can't beat the advantage the CJ manifold has with the monoblade. It would be cool for someone try to improve on that design. Been waiting for some more SEMA coverage, maybe some more coyote parts will come out.

Users who are viewing this thread