New Edge Saleens are pretty sexxy

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
We didn't get to race or anything, but I was on my way to the store after work yesterday in Bonney Lake and a silver mustang was coming up behind me. It slowed down about two car lengths back for a few seconds and then pulled next to me. Turns out to be a silver saleen convertable, not the 351 but the 281 (or is it 289?). I thought it was a fake at first, but I heard the whine drowning out my supercharger when he was behind me!:eek:

Anyway, he pulls up next to me and looks at my car. I'm not sure if he knew what it was or if he thought I was a jackass for putting an svt emblem on. We were doing 40mph and I hear him put it in what I'm guessing is second, and give it some throttle until he was about 10 cars ahead of me. My turn was coming up off the three lane highway, but I decided to return the favor, threw it in second gear, did a quick run to 70mph and got right next to him. I was in the far right lane and he was in the far left lane with some cars in between us so I didn't get to see him or give him a thumbs up. Oh well, if you read this post you have a nice car!:beer:

Venom09

Established Member
yummy, maybe it was a saleen s281-e, ahhhh i drool over those, 11s with slicks. Evan Smith ran a bone stock s281-e to a 12.2, gorgeous cars

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
I didn't really see any markings to which one it was, but the charger was louder than any I'd heard before. When he took off, it wasn't as quick as I thought it would be. He may have had it in a high gear or not given it full throttle. Don't get me wrong it was fast, but not insane or losing traction.

It had a nice body kit, it was lowered, and I believe I remember seeing some pretty heafty brakes on it. All around a kick ass car.

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
He was going toward Bonney Lake? I wonder if he was coming back from Bellevue Community College. There was a really big Mustang Roundup this weekend. I stopped in yesterday and there were quite a few cars, and the Saleens had their own little area.

Finally saw the 04 Mystichrome in person. It's pretty, but not so stellar that I'd sell mine to buy one, or that I would have waited an extra year. Pretty cool that they brought it to the show, though.

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
It didn't look like it to me, but I didn't get a super good look at the interior. It was locked up at the time and people were pushed up against the windows. I glanced in through the front from the front of the car.

Didn't get to see the steering wheel from that angle - maybe they did

:shrug:

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
Originally posted by hockeypuck_74
He was going toward Bonney Lake? I wonder if he was coming back from Bellevue Community College. There was a really big Mustang Roundup this weekend. I stopped in yesterday and there were quite a few cars, and the Saleens had their own little area.

He was going through Bonney Lake on 410 to Buckley or Enumclaw (my guess is Enumclaw). My friend who lives in Bothel was saying something about this Mustang meet. He went to the Red Lion in Bellevue and there was an insane amount of mustangs of all years. He also said there was an SVT two story trailer. They had one of the side doors open and he saw an SVT focus on the top area. Pretty badass!

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
Yeah, it was pretty cool - not only the new SVTs, but there were some GORGEOUS GT350s, GT500s, Boss 302s....all in all pretty darn cool.

There was an identical Sonic Blue vert so I didn't feel bad about not forking out $15 for an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread