***New Edge GT's with Terminator front bumper covers?***

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I have a friend that just installed a Terminator front bumper cover on their car. The problem is in the state of Virginia you have to run a front license plate. How can we mount a tag to the front of the car without drilling the brand new bumper cover?

I have one of the no-drill tag brackets sold for the Terminators on my car that uses the factory H/E mounts but since this GT isn't supercharged, I don't know what to do. :shrug:

Help me out guys.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Backside of Passenger Sunvisor.

Yeah, that's not gonna work around here with these cops....because when I say cops what I really mean is Nazis. :lol:

I need something like this, but for a GT with the Terminator front end.

Bookstore017-2.jpg

DaBigBone

Established Member
Yeah, that's not gonna work around here with these cops....because when I say cops what I really mean is Nazis. :lol:

I need something like this, but for a GT with the Terminator front end.

Bookstore017-2.jpg

Why wouldn't that work? Or is it mounted to something other than the bumper?

I've driven mine without a front plate for a year and a half. Unless Virginia is more strict, I wouldn't be too worried. We got pulled over in my buddies car once for it and he said "My custom bracket for this bumper hasn't come in the mail yet" and he let us off with a warning :rolling:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Why wouldn't that work? Or is it mounted to something other than the bumper?

It mounts to the factory installed H/E. New Edge GT's weren't factory supercharged so they don't have those.

I've driven mine without a front plate for a year and a half. Unless Virginia is more strict, I wouldn't be too worried. We got pulled over in my buddies car once for it and he said "My custom bracket for this bumper hasn't come in the mail yet" and he let us off with a warning :rolling:

Around here cops look for reasons to pull you over...then once they have you pulled over they find other things to write you more citations for. Seriously, I live in The Peoples Republic of Virginia. :kaboom: This car needs to have a legit front plate mount.

Keep the suggestions coming fellas.

hweb30

02 V6
Established Member
Check out american muscle, they have a bracket that slides out from underneath the car, and with a remote control you can pull it back under the car.

saleen2002

Established Member
i was about to ask the same thing. im out here in cali and my car just got out of the paint shop, was sittin in front of the house and already got a front plate ticket. i dont want holes in my bumper either.

20redfire03

Established Member
I got one from TRQJUNKIE and it fits great, I received it quick, and best of all no holes in my bumper

Twisted2v

Established Member
I was driving down Atlantic Ave or "Beachstreet USA" lol in virginia beach one night and passed two cops standing on the sidewalk. He then ran to his car and chased me down about 5 blocks to pull me over for no front plates. VA is pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread