New Dyno Tune Numbers on the 347!

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Alright well i had a great time with the guys at San Diegos local mustang shop DPR. Spent about 2.5 hours playing with it on the dyno. My old numers were with 1,000 miles on the motor and just raw guesses in the TwEECer.
OLD NUMBERS: 327rwhp and 356rwtq

My first baseline pull was with the same tune as before but with the addition of 1 3/4 Long tubes and a new DR. Gas X.
Baseline: 336rwhp 348rwtq
I was pretty happy with that gain just from the long tubes but i did lose a little tq probably to the bigger primaries

That baseline was also with the Anderson Power Pipe on and the A/F was right on. Next i swapped that out for C&L inlet tube i kept my pro-m MAF.
Numbers:330rwhp and 355rwtq
So i lost some hp but gained the same tq. BUT mainly the C&L pipe made me much richer. So i took some fuel out of it and got
Numbers: 337rwhp and 356rwtq

Now that i decided to keep the C&L pipe on i started to mess with timing i had it at 33 degrees in the base line and pushed it up to 34 degrees. I lost 6rwhp and 9rwtq. So next i went down to 32 degrees and my A/f went way rich but i only lose 4rwhp from the high of 337rwhp. And TQ went up to 359rwtq! So now i just had to lean it back out and would be in the money!

I got the A/F back into the 12.8-13.0 range and got these numbers!
Numbers: 342rwhp and 368rwtq

I liked that and called it quits for tuning but we let it cool for about 20 mins and did another pull. I was rewarded with
Numbers: 347.18rwhp @5,500rpm and 374.73rwtq @4,000rpm!

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Pics and Vids
100_0520.jpg

100_0519.jpg

100_0518.jpg

th_a6be372c.jpg

347stroker.jpg

347stroker2.jpg

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Awesome! I am planning a 331 stroker build on my 98 Cobra right now and aiming for 400rwhp. It's my open track car.

Great #'s:beer:

5Litrarag

Established Member
Nice numbers man! Hey I'm considering a intake and header swap on my combo too, so what headers did you get on there? BBK fox headers?

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
5Litrarag said:
Nice numbers man! Hey I'm considering a intake and header swap on my combo too, so what headers did you get on there? BBK fox headers?
They are MAC 1 3/4 with 3in collector long tubes for 94-95 mustangs. The X-pipe is a Dr Gas 3inx2.5in x pipe. So it is 3in where it meets the collector but then after the X steps down to 2.5in to meet up to my catback.

5Litrarag

Established Member
WhiteDevil said:
They are MAC 1 3/4 with 3in collector long tubes for 94-95 mustangs. The X-pipe is a Dr Gas 3inx2.5in x pipe. So it is 3in where it meets the collector but then after the X steps down to 2.5in to meet up to my catback.

I see... sounds good. I'll have to look into those. I was a little concerned with all the Mac quality rumors that float around.
So, Maybe I'll take my BBKs off my Vert and put them on the Cobra later on. :coolman:

5Litrarag

Established Member
WhiteDevil said:
Nope. Its a little close but has worked fine.

sweet.... I think I'll be making the plunge. Gotta few things I need to do on my cobra first and paint is in the works for this one, but I'll get it done later.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
5Litrarag said:
sweet.... I think I'll be making the plunge. Gotta few things I need to do on my cobra first and paint is in the works for this one, but I'll get it done later.

Where in SoCal are you located? (sorry to hijack OP)

Users who are viewing this thread