New Dyno #'s!!!

LaserRedSnake

LTHLBITE
Established Member
Well me and a couple friends went down to Pro-Dyno in SC yesterday because my buddy needed to get his 04' tuned and I wanted to get a def. A/F readout on my car. The numbers my car put down before weren't too shabby at 412/363 but it was tuned in the summertime last year and it was near 100 degrees that day. On re-dynoing the car yesterday w/ no new mods and on 8 pounds of boost and 80 degree running conditions it put down 457/386 to the wheels. I was blown away, and the A/F was spot on at 12:1 pretty much the whole way through the run and even dipping down the 11:7 a couple times. So needless to say I am impressed w/ how well the car was tuned and would recommend Dan @ Pro-Dyno to anyone, super nice guy and he WILL NOT leave until you are happy!

dynographhq0.jpg

Last edited:

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
LaserRedSnake said:
Well me and a couple friends went down to Pro-Dyno in SC yesterday because my buddy needed to get his 04' tuned and I wanted to get a def. A/F readout on my car. The numbers my car put down before weren't too shabby at 412/363 but it was tuned in the summertime last year and it was near 100 degrees that day. On re-dynoing the car yesterday w/ no new mods and on 8 pounds of boost and 80 degree running conditions it put down 457/386 to the wheels. I was blown away, and the A/F was spot on at 12:1 pretty much the whole way through the run and even dipping down the 11:7 a couple times. So needless to say I am impressed w/ how well the car was tuned and would recommend Dan @ Pro-Dyno to anyone, super nice guy and he WILL NOT leave until you are happy!
is that corrected numbers

LaserRedSnake

LTHLBITE
Established Member
EDIT: Posted pic of the run yesterday...Mods are V1-S Trim on 8 lbs, Steeda power pipe, 42lb injectors, Vortech T-Rex pump, Lightning MAF, O/R X-pipe and Flowmaster cat-back, TR-6 plugs!

Last edited:

LaserRedSnake

LTHLBITE
Established Member
LMAF, and its pegging at 6300, the car still has more in it but to be safe since its a stock bottom end im gonna shift it at 6 and leave it be for now

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
you using a 90lmaf. asking because i am pegging mine at 5900 with a 80lmaf

Dekorum

Established Member
What is a lightning MAF? The MAF off of a stock lightning? What year fits on our stock intake tubes?

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
Dekorum said:
What is a lightning MAF? The MAF off of a stock lightning? What year fits on our stock intake tubes?
I believe that's what it is, I see lots of guys using them.

Mhissticobra

Established Member
Yes, a Lightning MAF or LMAF are stock Ford OEM parts taken off a Ford Lightning. They are usually used in blown applications because Lightnings are blown from the factory and whenever you can use a Ford part in a certain application, the use it. Pegging it is when the MAF sees too much air for it to handle. Normally when you drive, the MAF reads the amount of air coming into your engine, tells the ECM how much fuel to dump into the motor to help achieve a good a/f ratio. A MAF can only read so much air before it stops telling the ECM how much fuel to dump in. So when you peg it, you actually have more air coming into the motor than the ECM thinks is coming in, resulting in not enough fuel making you run lean and bye-bye motor.

Mhissticobra

Established Member
Rule of thumb is that a 90mm is good to about 500hp anything after that you will need a MAF extender or as previously stated, a SCT MAF.

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
Mhissticobra said:
Yes, a Lightning MAF or LMAF are stock Ford OEM parts taken off a Ford Lightning. They are usually used in blown applications because Lightnings are blown from the factory and whenever you can use a Ford part in a certain application, the use it. Pegging it is when the MAF sees too much air for it to handle. Normally when you drive, the MAF reads the amount of air coming into your engine, tells the ECM how much fuel to dump into the motor to help achieve a good a/f ratio. A MAF can only read so much air before it stops telling the ECM how much fuel to dump in. So when you peg it, you actually have more air coming into the motor than the ECM thinks is coming in, resulting in not enough fuel making you run lean and bye-bye motor.

are you running a 90lmaf. i dont plan on seeing no more than 425 430 for a while and dont really want to put the 270 bucks into the sct one. if i could get by with a 90lmaf i will do that.

Mhissticobra

Established Member
Yea, I got a 90mm LMAF and the FRPP 42# injectors new as a combo on some site a while back for CHEAP! I'll try to find the site. I'm putting down 420hp and my tuner said I was getting close to pegging it. I think the 500hp rating is at the crank on the LMAF. The price tag is the only bad thing for the SCT but once you buy it, you shouldn't have to buy another one ever again.

LaserRedSnake

LTHLBITE
Established Member
Yea I am running a 90MM MAF, I just don't see the need in switching it out yet since I know when I need to shift the car...when I do decide to change it I'll prob put longtubes, 60lb injectors and a 2400SCT MAF in all at once.

I would prob benefit more from an aftercooler setup than longtubes though but i'll just have to see how my money situation pans out over the next few months. But its at a good starting point for now i'd say!

MOmystic

WashMOmystic
Established Member
Those are pretty impressive numbers. I'm not even hitting that at 10#'s with an aftercooler and longtubes. I hit 413 rwhp on a mustang dyno which is equivalent to about 446 rwhp on a chassis dyno when I got my car tuned. Maybe I should get it retuned?:shrug: Oh, and my Lmaf pegged out around 5800rpm so I went with an SCT 2400 and had no problems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread