New Dyno #'s - FIPK/Predator and A/F

SonicTide

Established Member
Had to go to Birmingham anyway on Saturday, so I figured I'd make a stop at Walker Dynotune. Wanted to check out what the FIPK and Predator had done for me and also wanted to check out the A/F ratio. Last dyno was with the exhaust and stock type K&N filter and resulted in 396hp/382ft-lbs.

I monitored the ECT, IAT, and IAT2 for all runs and all of them were within a 10 degree band for all runs and all numbers are SAE. First run was w/o the Predator. Results were 420/387. The peak torque was only up 5 ft-lbs but the area under the curve was much higher. From 5000 rpm and up it provided 15-20 ft-lbs more that previously. However, it was noticeably more lean. It didn't drop below 12.5 until 4900 and from start to 4700, it was at least a point higher than before and the gap narrowed from there until they crossed at 5900.

On the second run, I installed the Predator performance tune with no alterations. The peak hp was the same but the peak torque went up 15 ft-lbs to 402 and was 10-20 higher through 5500. The A/F was even worse though, hovering at 13.5-13.7 until 4800 and not dropping below 12.5 until 5300. Definitely not good.

For the final run, I went 15% rich on the performance tune. Results were 423/393. It cost me 10 ft-lbs through 5000 but the A/F was much better. Dropped below 12.5 at 3800 and stayed between 11.7 and 12.5 the rest of the way.

I found all this very interesting because I have not seen anyone (or maybe I've missed it) say that either the FIPK or the Predator performance tune had leaned them out. I know a lot of people have seen that with the pulley tune but not the performance tune. As for the FIPK, I suspect that it is due to the MAF being rotated a little from stock. Opinions anyone?

1992B4C

Established Member
subscribing,
I wont be on the dyno again till 4/17 after my FIPK install, sorry no help right now.

Users who are viewing this thread