New dyno #s after 31K with the KB at 17# + tune a'la RET(dyno graph inside)

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
As the title states, it has 40K miles and ~31K with a Kenne Bell 2.2 at 17#. We put it on the dyno today and on 91 octane it put down 591 rwhp and 560 rwtq Furthermore, it did this in 95 degree weather with the sun beating down on it. Greg@RET had to do some minor tweaking to the tune, but otherwise, nothing major from his previous tune (which went unchanged for 3 years).

The increase in torque is probably due to my Fidanza flywheel and DFX clutch.

I've had this car since brand new. I had to have the clutch and flywheel replaced, tranny rebuilt, the rear diff leaks slightly (ever since the IRS brace went on), the KB needed a rebuild and I had the brakes done. And I don't baby it - esp. since I got the ZO6, its pretty much a near-daily driven road whore. It was a garage queen for a while, but that's a waste.

But what really impresses me is how well this stock block motor has held up to high boost thrashing. Ford built a good one for me - and us. Thankfully, I have a great mechanic/tuner - Greg@RET - who really dialed it in nicely. My car owes him a tremendous debt of gratitude Now I need to change the numbers in my sig.

105_0300-1.gif

:rockon:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Nice numbers!

Sorry kind of a weird question but do you have sort of long hair? And are you around the 60 freeway azusa area alot?

If so i think i've seen you on the freeway once and you gave me the thumbs up in the Z06. If not then maybe it was someone else..:shrug:

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
Nice numbers!

Sorry kind of a weird question but do you have sort of long hair? And are you around the 60 freeway azusa area alot?

If so i think i've seen you on the freeway once and you gave me the thumbs up in the Z06. If not then maybe it was someone else..:shrug:

Mmm - I'm on the 60 from time to time - I vaguely remember waving to a C5 ZO6, but that wouldv'e been in the Fontana area I think. I'm rarely on the 60 by Azusa. My hair is longish by todays standards, but not too long. Thanx and thumbs up to ya.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread