New Dyno Results: Gained 20 rwhp/ 5 lbs of tq with...

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
My new 95 mm velocity tube from WMSRacing.com....

Old Numbers...

Max HP: 253.8 @ 5800 rpm's
Max Tq: 260.7 @ 4200 rpm's
Average a/f 12.3

New Numbers...

Max HP: 273.6 @5800 rpm's
Max Tq: 266.6 @4900 rpm's...
Average a/f 12.1

Before any one calls bs....I live in San Diego and am willing to show the dyno graphs to anyone on here... (since I don't have a digital camera to post the graphs)

But what really is ironic is I felt nothing....no gain whatsoever in the assometer...
I'm assuming because I gained so little in torque...

I purchased this through the corral.net's group purchase (saved 80 bucks)

I'm glad the numbers are higher, but I wish I could feel it... :shrug:

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Well maybe the conditions changed slightly nullifying the gain or something-theres lots of factors- the only other way to find out if it gained ya something 1. dyno 2. track good luck, and those numbers are good for what ya got.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
It might not show up on the But-o-meter. However, it will show up in ¼ MPH. You should gain about 1 MPH over your previous best, maybe a little more.

hantzis

Established Member
You won't feel it

The chances of you feeling 5 ft lb of torque is unlikely. Torque is what gives you that "throw you back in your seat" feeling at WOT, not horsepower. The 5 ft lb of torque you gained was not 5 ft lb of torque at the same rpm, but instead at 700 rpms higher. The higher in the rpm band you can hold torque, the higher horsepower # you will obtain. Look at the Ferrari Modena; 400HP but only 275 ft/lb of torque. Why? The max hp is at 7600rpm!

Hey 96BlackSnake, where did you dyno? and did you use the same dyno for both runs? Also what correction factor was used?

Thanks!

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
I don't know what correction factor was used....

I dynoed it at "The Dyno Shop" in Santee (2 blocks from my old house thats how I know of it) and yes I used the same exact dyno for both runs...

hantzis

Established Member
Originally posted by 96BlackSnake
I don't know what correction factor was used....

I dynoed it at "The Dyno Shop" in Santee (2 blocks from my old house thats how I know of it) and yes I used the same exact dyno for both runs...

Was it the dyno jet dyno or the dyno dynamics one? The dyno dynamics is the one on the left side of the garage right when you pull in. The Dyno jet is in the rear on the right side. I've noticed the Dyno Dynamics dyno give #s slightly higher than the Dyno Jet's SAE correction. But regardless, your gains are what count. Great to hear your Cobra is performing so well. Hopefully I will experience the same good fortune soon.

By the way, to all, we are hosting a dyno day at the Dyno Shop in Santee on April 5th. Our server is currently down, but will be back on around 3pm PST. To sign up visit http://dynoperformance.com/dynoday.php

Cheers
Dean Hantzis
97 Mustang Cobra
Co-founder of dynoperformance.com
http://dynoperformance.com

Last edited:

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
Mine was in the back on the right (as you drive in)

Where do you live and how come your hosting it on April 5th? What day is that by the way, how many cars will be there, whats the price of a run then...I won't have anything done to it then....but maybe I'll get my friends car dynoed....

More feedback pppplease :)

Mystic 544

Established Member
Great numbers! I hope mine come out along those lines :)
Just installed mine (with the 87mm ProM) this last Sunday and took the Snake out for a little ride. You're right about the Butt-O-Meter not feeling much, but the acceleration through the RPM's was crazy fast! The WMS is a quality piece!!!

Users who are viewing this thread