New dyno numbers from RET, suggestions?

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
Well Greg@RET and I spent the last few hours fine tuning the car the best we could, even thought the numbers aren't what I was looking for it's night and day over what I originally brought him and got. He and I think there's alot left in her, she had 20 degrees of timing and 11.8's for the A/F as you can see I have some more bugs to work out the graph looks like the pacific ocean, lol. I need either a new clutch cable or maybe a new clutch We think it should make over 500 to the wheels but the curves needs to be cleared up, oh we got a new belt and there is no belt slip, I'm open to any other suggestions. Oh the mods are 2.93 upper, 4lb lower, BF 4 piece idler set, SD 60's, KB BAP, SCT BA2400, Full exhaust, P/P Heads, Steggy Stage 4 port, LFP HE and IC res and head cooling mod, JLT High Boost CAI, billet flow TB and Plenum and some other stuff.

allensCobra.gif

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
WOW clutch slip or belt slip.... looks like belt slip.

Nice mods, btw I think Greg's dyno sees lower numbers then the cars really put out.:coolman:

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
It's not belt slip, Greg and I ran to NAPA and got a smaller belt, it took both of us to put it on. I think it's the clutch cable/adjuster or the clutch. The only thing is it's a SPEC stage 3 with less than 10k on it.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I dont think it's any kind of slip. If you have belt slip or clutch slip, you will see the A/F go rich at the same points that you have slippage. Not sure what's going on.... Doesn't look like blowout either.

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
sambandit said:
I dont think it's any kind of slip. If you have belt slip or clutch slip, you will see the A/F go rich at the same points that you have slippage. Not sure what's going on.... Doesn't look like blowout either.

I could really use some professional advise, do you have any suggestions or have you ever seen a graph like that before? The tensioner is notched, and it has a NAPA belt that I know isn't slipping, the clutch is a SPEC stage three with less than 10k on it and the plugs are TR6's with a gap of 32-34.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
AJRED99 said:
I could really use some professional advise, do you have any suggestions or have you ever seen a graph like that before? The tensioner is notched, and it has a NAPA belt that I know isn't slipping, the clutch is a SPEC stage three with less than 10k on it and the plugs are TR6's with a gap of 32-34.

what size belt are you running...as far as professional advice, Greg is the best in the area. swanson proformance might be an option.

Tom

Last edited:

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
what size belt are you running...as far as professional advice, Greg is the best in the area. swanson proformance might be an option.

Tom

Don't get me wrong Greg knows his stuff and has been awsome but I have always been the kind of person to do research and fully explore all my options. Greg and I think it might be that my clutch cable needs adjustment or perhaps my clutch is slipping but were not 100%. I am running a NAPA 80.1 in belt with a 2.93 upper 4lb lower (idler in the top hole), BF 4piece idler, 3.5 alt pulley and the tensioner notched.

Last edited:

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
AJRED99 said:
Don't get me wrong Greg knows his stuff but I have always been the kind of person to do research and fully explore all my options. Greg and I think it might be that my clutch cable needs adjustment or perhaps my clutch is slipping but were not 100%. I am running a NAPA 80.1 in belt with a 2.93 upper 4lb lower (idler in the top hole), BF 4piece idler, 3.5 alt pulley and the tensioner notched.

I didnt look for your exact set up, but look here you might find some info.

http://stangshiftergaskets.com/BeltSelectionGuide.htm

prostkr

Established Member
try a different set of tires on the dyno, a nice hard set of street tires will help you out on the dyno......drag raidals will slip on the drum as they heat up. in a pinch you can just flop your fronts to the rear.

Last edited:

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
BUMPSTICKS said:
Change the clutch cable like Greg said and go from there. :beer:

Where a good place to get an adjustable clutch cable?

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
prostkr said:
try a different set of tires on the dyno, a nice hard set of street tires will help you out on the dyno......drag raidals will slip on the drum as they heat up. in a pinch you can just flop your fronts to the rear.

I have 295/35/18 BFG kdw'S BRAND NEW AT 35PSI, The front are the same tire in 265/35/18

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
AJRED99 said:
I have 295/35/18 BFG kdw'S BRAND NEW AT 35PSI, The front are the same tire in 265/35/18
Those are the same tires I ran at the track! Taking them off and putting the chrome saleens back until the next track event!

Thread hijack over.:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread