New drag radial!!

stutter

eat me
Established Member
Ok guys, I don't have pics yet but I talked to a lot of people and debated about MH drag radials and Hoosier. Hoosier just came out with a new drag radial that is 30in tall! I talked to hoosier personally and they had just started shipping them out a couple weeks ago so I ordered some. I currently had a 315 28in tall radial that wasn't too bad but I did some calculations on my power and gears and came up with that a 30in tall tire should help me into the 9s. If you all don't know, Hoosiers new drag radial 325/45r18 was design as a slick but with radial plies, as I was told from Hoosier themself. That being said, it's recommended as a track tire only. I will be testing at the end of February and will update post as I get a few passes in before NMRA Bradenton. Here is the link, be mindfull that the tire pictured is a generic pic.

https://www.hoosiertire.com/pdfs/pbDOTDragRadial.pdf

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Holy crap! How is that street legal? Good luck with it and definitely post up a review of their performance at the track.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Talked to Hoosier at PRI and was drooling over this tire.
Hoosier has revamped their DR line and made several sizes to compete with the MT 275 Pro DR that is only in 275/60/15.
I will be replacing my underwhelming 325/40/18 M&H DRs on the 18x10.5 Racestars with these but I'll be holding off until MT releases the sizes of their new ET Street R line, also using their Pro DR compound.
I'm looking at the 2015 Hoosier catalog from PRI and their new DRs have the DR2 compound designation, this 325/45/18 and 275/60/15 being the first of 4-5.
Please update this if you get one in---very seriously though, this should be a tire that is TRACK USE first, not a tire to consider for regular street use like a NT05R.
I'd love to run 9s on 18s!
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I just ordered a pair, got them for under 600!!!! I will update in february when i get home and test them out

Very cool!
What gears do you have?
For guys looking at these, realize that's a tall tire and for best drag strip results you really need 4.10s, 3.73 would be bare minimum.
-J

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
How does Tire weight compare to Mickeys and the Nittos?

Hoosier makes some very sticky tires.

I believe this is what Ford used on the ".99" tests on the new 15 model GT's

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Right now 325/45/18 and 275/60/15 with 3-4 more options coming.
Hoosier tend to weigh a little less, but the weight has been proven not to be an issue on rear DRs/slicks on high level drag classes (ex--275 Pro is heavier but faster than 28x10.5x15 slick)
-J

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd be interested in these if they make a 305/35/18 version. Just have to make sure there is 0 chance of rain!

stutter

eat me
Established Member
I have 3.73 gears so the tires will make it seem like I'm running a 355. As long as I can hook, I'll be off like a rocket ships delight!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You will find the drag strip trap RPM sub optimal, car will feel like its not charging the stripe like it should, meaning you will likely be in the 61-300ROM range and these cars or at least my car wants 66-6700 trap RPM
4.10s should be used for a 30" tire, but I would just add more power ;-)
-J

Users who are viewing this thread