New Detail Toys

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
Got a few things that I am pretty excited about for Christmas. Typically I have always done my detailing and waxing by hand. My girlfriend got me a portercable and buff pad set for met this year. She had heard that i wanted one and how much easier it would make my life.

She picked me up a Portercable from Chemical Guys. She picked me up their kit which comes with a variety of different cutting pads, a pad cleaner, pad lubricator, a set of microfiber towels. She also picked me up a bottle of their butterwax which is supposed to have an amazing deep shine.

Here are a few pics of the setup and I cant wait to use it.

DSC02171.jpg

DSC02174.jpg

DSC02173.jpg

DSC02172.jpg

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
nice! I got all the same stuff too! You will definitely notice a difference... just remember... 2'x2' areas to start!

Yeah I have used a lot of other products. I buffed out my jeep with my orbital over the summer. I didn't want to use it on the Cobra because the paint isnt in bad shape at all. It should make life a lot easier when it comes to the monthly detail.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I've been using a PC for a couple years now, its a great tool when a high speed is not needed and a much safer alternative for the novice or home detailer.
You have some great products there, I have thousands of dollars worth of detailing products, literally, yet I find myself reaching more and more for my Chemical Guys products over the much more hyped and MUCH MORE expensive products in my inventory. You can't go wrong with any of their products.

1bad95

Established Member
man Jerry im jealous! i so need to pick up the same stuff you just got! i have been wanting one of those buffers forever!

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
I've been using a PC for a couple years now, its a great tool when a high speed is not needed and a much safer alternative for the novice or home detailer.
You have some great products there, I have thousands of dollars worth of detailing products, literally, yet I find myself reaching more and more for my Chemical Guys products over the much more hyped and MUCH MORE expensive products in my inventory. You can't go wrong with any of their products.

I have used their products before and was very happy with the outcome. I have always been a mothers fan myself. But I use Turtle Waxes Black Box on the Cobra and it comes out amazing. I cant wait to use the Black Box with the PC and the then the Butter Wax on top.

man Jerry im jealous! i so need to pick up the same stuff you just got! i have been wanting one of those buffers forever!

Thanks Eddie!! I cant wait to use it, this cold weather is driving me nuts! Amy really took care of me!! She is also probably tired of the 'Detail DAYS', this thing will really cut down on the time it takes.

1bad95

Established Member
haha i was tellin maggie i wanted one after i read it and she said amy had gotten you one. i told her too, it would make waxing the car fast so more time with her lol! i gotta get one and use it before mustang week this year!

Users who are viewing this thread