• 95 F150

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Other (state below)

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THE_STIG

Established Member
Looking for a more fuel friendly daily driver. I want something somewhat fun to drive? Also they have to cost $4000 or less. I narrowed it down to: SVT Focus, ZX3 Focus (just because svt foci are hard to find around $4k), Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally, Subaru RS, VW GTI, or for the NON fuel efficient vehicles, a 95ish F150 or a 95ish Ford Bronco.

What do you guys recommend?

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
i personally would go with the subaru. But thats just cause im a subie whore... plus i think you can STi Swap the RS's so thats always an option, lol

RedDemon91

Established Member
I voted for the F-150 but I'd go with that or the Bronco. Both are sick trucks that you can still mod but have a purposeful DD.

2k3gt

Established Member
I voted SVT Focus because of the gas mileage, "fun to drive" factor, and decent utility since it has the hatch. Of course, if you can't find an SVT for around $4k, then I would go for the ZX3 Focus :)

05saleent

Established Member
I voted for the F-150, but that's because I have a truck for my daily driver. It's nice to have a truck, never know when you might need it. But I doubt a F-150 is gonna give you any kind of good gas mileage.

qachargh

Established Member
My SVTF is a really good DD. I make over 30MPG hauling all my gear around. But I will have to get a Truck due to environmental factors. And I really don't think you would just jump into an SVTF someone is selling for 4K. You would have to do some serious mechanical recon on the thing. The F-150 would get sucky mileage but it would cost nothing to fix. But is is pretty hard to argue against any kind of Subaru.

THE_STIG

Established Member
Eh, I'd go with the SVT focus then. I doubt you will do a STI swap in the RS if it's gnna be a daily.

I really just like the suby because of the looks and the AWD which will be great for snow/rain. I see there is a huge pull for the SVT Focus, my only problem is that I have not found one for anywhere near $4000.

Last edited:

Red94SVT

Established Member
if you cant find a SVTF i would look for a ZX3 in good condition they handle pretty well for what they are, our 5 speed 2.3 had something like 148hp got around 33-35mpg.
used to love taking it on the backroads and hitting some twisties.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
It seems like I spent a lifetime with economic vehicles before the Cobra, so no problem going to a Focus, preferrably the SVT version. Good luck with your decision.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Other

97-99 (2gB) GST or GSX Eclipse.

You can find one for $4k easy in very decent condition. Itll run circles around any car on that list and still get great mileage. Its easy to work on, parts are readily available, and aside from the bad rep due to ****tard owners, they arent as unreliable as people make them out to be. Ive seen more people with issues with their one focii or subie than ive ever had with ALL my dsm's combined. They are very reliable in stock form, and still pretty dam reliable when modded correctly (IE not half-assed). Since you are The Stig, the 2g also has an abundance of aftermarket suspension potential. Get a GSX, slap a 16g on it, some 550cc injectors, 190lph fuel pump (or 255 and a fpr), DSMlink and a few other odds and ends, full coilover kit and awesome brakes and you have a badass autoX/RR car that makes modded Evo/STi look bad for quarter the price. Or leave it stock-ish, go with a 14b turbo (from a 1g DSM) and a fuel pump rewire with a 190lph or evo fuel pump, bump it up to around 14-16psi (double checking timing with some sort of palm logger to see if any timing is being pulled due to knock) and have a really peppy DD. Hell just swapping the crappy t25 stock turbo out for the 14b totally changes the powerband from being lightly torquey down low and non existent anywhere else, to a nice linear powerband that has lots of headroom for improvement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread