New DD question

1999redcobra

Cobra
Established Member
I currently have a Jaguar x-type with 93k miles on it for a DD. Living in Nebraska with the snow, a x-type isn't the best. I have been looking at 06-08Hummer H3's. Looking for your opinions on the H3's. It would have a warranty still. Just wondering what you guys thought. Thanks

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
sounds cool man, can't stand people in San Antonio with Hummers though. there is no need to have one in a city like SA....

1999redcobra

Cobra
Established Member
I see no point to have a H2, being so big. But I really like the look of the H3 with some nice wheels. I'm just wondering if they are known for any problems, or anything like that.

chimazo

Established Member
There are problems with some of the '06-07's that involve the head of the I5. I can't remember if it's warping or a valve issue. If you stay with an '08-present, no problems with that, although the drain holes for the sunroof are easily clogged! I didn't want a sunroof on mine, but I wanted a tan interior so I bought it. I will say, though, that the sunroof is HUGE. Overall, I am happy with the vehicle.

I bought my '08 new when GM was having some ridiculous employee pricing + rebate deal that literally took $10k off the sticker. We were also looking at the 4dr Jeep Wrangler, but the H3 is much more refined and quiet, though I still really did those Jeeps! The first thing I did was raise the front (torsion bars - takes 10min.), throw on some 33" BFG AT's, and some Rockrails.
3c6d0a395ed4.gif

DSC00235.jpg

THE_STIG

Established Member
H3s are really nice trucks. A friend of mine has one, its not that most comfortable, the seats are kind of hard but other than that its a nice truck.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
My friend HAD one it was gutless as all get up. and it was a v8, i think maybe like a 5.3? im not sure. All your paying for is a colorado without a bed.

but if you like them go for it

Users who are viewing this thread