New DD, pics inside *Warning* Mopar content

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Agreed.... nice ride but I prefer the new Exploder.

I'm not really feeling the new explorer. I like that it has a turbo-4 and v6, but can't get passed the fact that it took Ford two tries to get that damn truck right. Anybody remember the under powered Freestyle/Taurus? That's what the "new" explorer really is.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
The 3rd row is allways the deal breaker for my wife too. She went with an XC-90. Nice SUV but the GC looks better.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
2013_dodge_durango_f34_ns_92011_815.jpg

That looks pretty ****ing sick! :rockon:

Congrats on the new whip. For a mid-range SUV I think it looks pretty good, not sure what else you could really ask for.

PowerShiftz02gt

Established Member
I love the Durango Citadel models. The R/Ts are nice too for sure. Dodge could of picked some better rims though for the R/T model.. What is that little circle thing in the middle of the grill between the two fog lights?

I'm with you though, Great DD, and the yes the new GC are beautiful

Dang, that SRT8 model looks sick though. Hopefully they make it.

Last edited:

shelbymopar89

Established Member
I love the Durango Citadel models. The R/Ts are nice too for sure. Dodge could of picked some better rims though for the R/T model.. What is that little circle thing in the middle of the grill between the two fog lights?

I'm with you though, Great DD, and the yes the new GC are beautiful

Dang, that SRT8 model looks sick though. Hopefully they make it.

There is really not much difference between a fully loaded R/T and a Citadel. I know what you mean on the rims, but at least these are the painted ones. The Citadel comes with the chrome clad, I had those on my Nitro and hated them, once the plastic is scratched they look like cheap plastic hub caps. I was told you can not change them out, but I am not sure. The plastic would also dull from the brake dust and seemed you could never get them cleaned perfectly again. They looked good from 10 feet, but once up close you could tell. The only thing that a Citadel has that mine does not is Blind spot detection, vented seats, heated steering wheel, auto wipers, auto dimming headlights, and Nappa leather. Of those the only ones I would like would be the Blind spot detection and the vented seats. The circle thing in the front is the adaptive cruise control/ collision warning. With the cruise set you can pick three different distances to follow the vehicle in front of you. If they slow down it will slow down also, first by letting off the gas then it will apply the brakes if needed. It will continue to keep the distance you have set untill the car speeds back up or changes lanes/turns then it will resume the speed you had set. I did find out it kicks off below 15 MPH, but above that you can set the cuise and be lazy, it is actually very nice. I am one of the ones that hate to kick my cruise off on the interstate, dont' have to now. The other side of it is if you have cruise off and are approaching a car quickly or if one stops infront of you quickly it gives you a warning but does not apply the brakes.

Last edited:

PowerShiftz02gt

Established Member
oh nice, I thought it was a camera or something.

Yeah that is a really nice feature. I use Cruise Control everyday. I hate turning it on and off because of people in front of me can't keep a constant speed haha.

shelbymopar89

Established Member
Yea I hate the speed up slow down speed up slow down people, wife gets pissed if I close too much...lol I like the looks of the "body kit" on the R/T. That mixed with the lower ride height, stiffer suspension, blacked out head light surround and body colored panels did it for me, I think it looks better than all the chrome on the Citadel.

Users who are viewing this thread