New DD - Couldn't pass up

buxracing

I've gone to the darkside
Established Member
Alright guys, don't knock me too hard...I just couldn't pass up this killer deal on this 2008 Grand Prix GXP, plus I was looking for something different to cruise around in. I still have the snake, but being in Oklahoma lately the weather isn't so good...and I only drive the snake in good weather. This thing is suprisingly pretty fun...and makes decent power. I took it to the 1/4 a week and a half ago and ran like 5 passes and my times were 14.1-14.3 @ 95-98mph. Not bad for a stock 4 door for $24K.

car004.gif

KevanoWS6

I'm that guy
Established Member
very nice. I really like the 04+ grand prix. Im going for a 4 cyl for my DD otherwise I would get one. what kind of MPG do you usually get? nice car, and nice color.

buxracing

I've gone to the darkside
Established Member
It's getting like 17 city (the way I drive), but I did drive down to the City and got 28 mpg. It has the LS4 5.3L V8 with the DOD (Displacement on Demand), so it cuts down to 4 cyl when cruising on the highway. It's rated at like 303hp and 323lb ft. I'm looking at a Cartuning Turbocharger Kit for it which will take it to 450rwhp@10psi. But the $5400 price for it is gonna hurt. But you figure I got a $32K (sticker)car for $24K so what the hell.

Last edited:

Black03Mach

Smoked Tail Lights
Established Member
It's getting like 17 city (the way I drive), but I did drive down to the City and got 28 mpg. It has the LS4 5.3L V8 with the DOD (Displacement on Demand), so it cuts down to 4 cyl when cruising on the highway. It's rated at like 303hp and 323lb ft. I'm looking at a Cartuning Turbocharger Kit for it which will take it to 450rwhp@10psi. But the $5400 price for it is gonna hurt. But you figure I got a $32K (sticker)car for $24K so what the hell.

dude i am all for modding cars, but on a DD a turbokit? cmon!

anyways congrats...are those things FWD?

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Nice car, my gf has an 02 GTP i love the thing great riding car i put a smaller pulley on the blower and an intake and it beats up on slightly modded 5.0's all the time.

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
dude ffor 24k+5.4k you could have yourself something very very nice like a b6 audi s4. why would you ever drop that kind of coin into that car?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Not bad. The interior is a lot better than it used to be on those cars.

Hows the torque steer though?

jt239

Established Member
I love my DD GP GXP. Just go easy on those front tires, replaced mine after 15,000 miles!
Cant rotate due to different tire sizes (fronts are wider) :beer:

rbrown-90

Established Member
I have been researching those as well. They are suppose to be very refined and made to compete with the M5. I believe they were German designed. I like it and may get one too.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Whatever floats your boat dude, for that money I would probably get a G35 or an Acura TL if you like torque steer(seems like you do).

You got a good deal because the car loses resale value super fast, it will be worth 16 grand in another year.

Users who are viewing this thread