New DCT transmission

Beercules

Established Member
I noticed the tremec DCT trans (in the new gt500) a couple years ago, but thought it wouldn't handle the torque of our cars. Has tremec updated?
Why would you want an auto offer a DCT other than smoothness? You would have to worry about burning the fluid or replacing bands/ clutches.

Also, while I'm on the topic of transmission technologies... has anyone thought of a CVT trans? Beef it up and retune. It would keep the engine in the optimal range and have no wasted shift time.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The 13-14 6 speed was only rated for 600 lb. ft. The DCT in the GT500 is rated at 664 lb. ft. I haven't seen too many break a 6060, but the jury is out on the DCT.

Beercules

Established Member
Ok, thanks for the information.

Overheat fluid in clutch assembly or manual transmission part?

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Ok, thanks for the information.

Overheat fluid in clutch assembly or manual transmission part?

That's a great question. I am assuming that the clutches will be of the wet variety since it is in a road car, so The fluid around the clutches must be kept at a nominal temperature. But like any transmission, the gears will see that fluid as well, unless it is self contained system that isn't shared between the gearbox and clutch hydraulic system.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Launch control. It keeps the clutch disengaged until a specified RPM is reached, then engages it. It usually doesn't dump it, so to speak. To do that a custom tune may in is usually needed.

Users who are viewing this thread